Mass Effect 2+3 DLC pricing

by GrieverZ

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 2+3 DLC pricing

★★ Novice

Can someone tell me please why the DLC for both ME2 and ME3 still use Bioware points and why the price of the DLC is still quite high? I purchased almost all of the DLC on Xbox 360 and if i am honest the idea of spending £76 on Bioware points to get all of the DLC when you can buy the 3 main games for a fraction of that is not appealing. Do the DLC's ever go on sale? And i think i already know the answer but i suppose i cannot transfer my Xbox 360 Licenses for the DLC i own over to Origin? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Would love to purchase all of the DLC but £76 is very unreasonable.

Message 1 of 9 (1,753 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect 2+3 DLC pricing

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @GrieverZ

Being a Mass Effect fan myself, I see why you are frustrated, but the pricing of products, as well as organization of any sales or promotion, is way out of reach of anyone on our boards. However, with Mass Effect Andromeda looming on the horizon who knows what kind of promotions we can expect for the "classic" titles. As for titles transfer, you are right, this is impossible. 

If you have any other question, feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (2,028 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @GrieverZ

Being a Mass Effect fan myself, I see why you are frustrated, but the pricing of products, as well as organization of any sales or promotion, is way out of reach of anyone on our boards. However, with Mass Effect Andromeda looming on the horizon who knows what kind of promotions we can expect for the "classic" titles. As for titles transfer, you are right, this is impossible. 

If you have any other question, feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 9 (2,029 Views)

★★ Novice

The painful irony here being i was referred to this forum by EA support.... In regards to this

Message 3 of 9 (1,722 Views)

★ Novice

yeah ea support just sent me here too. wanted to play me3 again and noticed that i'm missing 3 storywise dlcs, and what do you know more than 40€ in dlcs lol.

not only did ea support just told me to **** off politely, i'm not buying this game or even andromeda.

wasted so much money on the me3 when it came out with the dlc and all. and they still want me to waste more?

bioware no more. screw them and ea

Message 4 of 9 (1,661 Views)

Hero

I'm surprised they never released a special edition with all the DLC included. They did this with Dragon Age Origin and Inquisition, which are both reasonably priced. I once got the Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition for €10, and that includes absolutely everything.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 9 (1,656 Views)

★★★ Novice

I agree .. game of Pc, but the idea of spending € 60 for the DLC
Various Mass Effect I do not like, because I had already bought them years ago for Xbox 360,

EA, please make a Remastered the trilogy of Mass Effect DLC more, or turn down the prices of DLC Nerd

Message 6 of 9 (1,646 Views)

★ Apprentice

If there was a sensible pricing for PC version of all ME2 and ME3 DLCs I would buy them immediately and play the entire trilogy again. As it is, the total cost of those DLCs is about 10 times the cost of the entire trilogy when the trilogy goes on sale. It is free money for EA and it also would be a great promotion for Andromeda.

Message 7 of 9 (1,628 Views)

★ Novice

Seriously, is anyone from BioWare or EA going to solve this annoying problem?

Move DLC's purchase to EA Origin, and set some reasonable prices, BioWare points is just awful system, because as someone mentioned before, it 3x cheaper to buy whole trilogy, than few DLC's.

This wouldn't be much of a problem if the DLC's are not essential to the main story... khm, khm, Arrival DLC, khm... and not to mention a few characters that you don't even meet if you decide not to bother with BioWare points.

Just look at Steam, you bought a game, you want to buy some DLC's, you go on DLC section for that game, you pay it (with real money) and done... no complications!

So please someone from EA, BioWare, for the love of all of us fans, help us to give you money!

Thanks.

Message 8 of 9 (1,533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue. I already paid the hundred dollars in blood money Bioware points 6 years ago and my Xbox 360 is dead - let us transfer the licenses or at least get rid of your AWFUL point system for buying them.

Demanding full price for decade old digital content and not offering ANY Game of the Year or Complete upgrade version is such a typical EA scumbag move.

Message 9 of 9 (1,493 Views)