ME3 won't launch all of sudden

by stitch1231

Original Post

ME3 won't launch all of sudden

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello. Today I wanted to play ME3 just like everyday, but when I tried to launch it a message popped up. It said that my hardware is not supported and that the game will launch, but might not run correctly. I had no problem till now (have played about 136 hours so far). Now everytime I try to launch the game, nothing happens. It only flashes in the task bar as a background task for two seconds, but turns off after that.

Anyone encountered this problem, too?

I tried a live support, he suggested me an install repair. It didn't help at all, so I did a complete reinstall with all my DLCs. Still nothing.

Message 1 of 8 (679 Views)

Re: ME3 won't launch all of sudden

★★★★ Novice

Try to run game without Origin-in-game option. Should work again. We have at least two hot topics here, with same problem, but we need origin to work with game in order to play in multilayer with friends.

And do you install some software that my conflict with the Origin or ME? Some screen-savers? Or real time gif makers? 

Message 2 of 8 (659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Same here, ME3 did a quick update this morning and it hasn't worked since. The game shows up as process in the background but it doesn't appear on the task bar and nothing else happens. 

EDIT: Turning off the Origin in-game overlay seems to have fixed it. More info from a list of solutions here.

Message 3 of 8 (651 Views)

EA Staff

Hey all,

Just to check, could you please try the steps in the following thread and get back to me in this thread if the steps work or not: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/INFO-Request-Games-not-opening-after-latest-Origin-update/td-p/44355...

Thank you!

Message 4 of 8 (624 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue, the repair didn't work and no matter what i do, the game won't launch...if it does, it still doesn't connect to ea servers and the dlcs aren't authorized....i also can't get any help from the live chat..(enabling and disabling cloud storage/ingame origin doesn't make any difference)

If anyone has another way, please share Standard smile

Message 5 of 8 (618 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kristi wrote:

Hey all,

Just to check, could you please try the steps in the following thread and get back to me in this thread if the steps work or not: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/INFO-Request-Games-not-opening-after-latest-Origin-update/td-p/44355...

Thank you!

Did`t help, unfortunately, game still not launching.

Could it all be because of Nvidia Geforce Experience? Someone told me, that this soft can cause troubles to some games because of it's "optimising" options.

Message 6 of 8 (589 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It seems that the new origin update is the problem. I updated origin and now me3 just won't start. I've seen a whole bunch of people here on the forum that sais the same thing.

Message 7 of 8 (560 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@muminpappans wrote:

It seems that the new origin update is the problem. I updated origin and now me3 just won't start. I've seen a whole bunch of people here on the forum that sais the same thing.

More updates = More people with this problem. I have this ugly bug for more then two month. Every Origin Update is a problem for me xD

Message 8 of 8 (538 Views)