ME3 multiplayer dead?

by Winters144

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ME3 multiplayer dead?

★★★ Newbie
Now that everyone has switched to ME Andromeda multiplayer, it is pretty difficult to find anyone in ME3 for multiplayer to help get the Galactic Readiness up for the campaign. Twice i found one person, but we still got our butts kicked. Mostly it just searches endlessly for a host or if i create a game no one joins ever and it is pretty difficult to get anywhere by myself. I have all the extra maps dlc, is there anything else i could be missing or am i actually the only person in the entire world playing this?

EA, is it possible to nix the Galactic Readiness thing? It was a good idea when the game came out. Now it makes it very difficult for people to get 5000 War Assets in single player.
Message 1 of 9 (15,618 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ME3 multiplayer dead?

★ Guide

You can raise your Galactic Readiness without the multiplayer by going to http://n7hq.masseffect.com/galaxy_at_war/ and sending your fleets there on missions.

I'd recommend just doing the one hour missions, as they will boost your readiness far more quickly than the other options.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (16,165 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

You can raise your Galactic Readiness without the multiplayer by going to http://n7hq.masseffect.com/galaxy_at_war/ and sending your fleets there on missions.

I'd recommend just doing the one hour missions, as they will boost your readiness far more quickly than the other options.

Message 2 of 9 (16,166 Views)

Hero

@Winters144 wrote:
EA, is it possible to nix the Galactic Readiness thing? It was a good idea when the game came out. Now it makes it very difficult for people to get 5000 War Assets in single player.

They actually solved this issue by lowering the requirement for galactic readiness. Originally you needed an effective military strength of 4000 to unlock all the best variations of the endings, but they lowered that to 3100 in the free Extended Cut DLC.

The suggestion posted above is also a good way to boost readiness. This system was originally exclusive to iOS devices, but they discontinued those apps and stuck it in a web page instead.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 9 (15,597 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks, that is good to know, and the N7HQ thing looks to be helpful as well. appreciate the response.
Message 4 of 9 (15,588 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree that to get the galaxy ready missions are excellent, but Id still like to do the Multiplayer option for the extra fun. So Ill ask as well, Is ME3 MP on PS3 dead?

Message 5 of 9 (15,197 Views)

@Starfighter_2525

I don't have a PS3, but it works on PC, and I doubt that BW would stop supporting it for one platform only.

Also there are no reports about ending the MP support for ME3.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 9 (15,188 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok thanks, Ive been trying to get into an online lobby but not working all that well. Ill try downloading the MP DLCs and see if that helps.

Message 7 of 9 (15,172 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Holger1405 wrote:

@Starfighter_2525

I don't have a PS3, but it works on PC, and I doubt that BW would stop supporting it for one platform only.

Also there are no reports about ending the MP support for ME3.

I believe "dead" in this context doesn't mean that EA shut it down, but that people just aren't playing it. This is more likely for PS3 than PC because players are more likely to abandon an outdated console. PC doesn't have that issue.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 9 (15,159 Views)

★ Apprentice

No - definitely not. Inspired by a post on this forum to fire up ME3 MP IN AUG 2019! 

Easier to get lobby than in Andromeda At the moment.

Shepard lives!

Get into the multiplayer - keep ME3 MP alive.

Message 9 of 9 (8,298 Views)