Re: ME3 Multiplayer on Xbox One not connecting to servers

by Evangun999

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ME3 Multiplayer on Xbox One not connecting to servers

★★ Novice

I bought EA Access to be able to play the ME3 multiplayer on Xbox One with my friends.  We've been playing DAIM and now we're ready to change it up a bit, seeing as ME3 just got the backwards compatibility we figured why not try that one.

All of my friends had no problem connecting and playing.  I bought EA Access because you can't get a digital copy of the game so I used EA Access to get it from the vault.  

I cannot connect to the servers.  I can connect to play the campaign, but not the multiplayer.  I have the game on Origin on the PC, and it connects just fine, it's only on the Xbox One that it isn't connecting.  I contacted support and they were...not very supporting.  Does anyone know anything I can do, because right now I feel like I've been ripped off.

Message 1 of 11 (10,318 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

So, after several days of working at this here's what I have to report:

Don't call EA (or I should say don't have them call you) because they can't/wont help.  

EA Access must be the culprit because I went to Gamestop and picked up a hard copy of the game and after a 15GB update to the Xbox One to be able to play it I was able to get into the game, download an online pass from the in game store menu, and unlock the full ability to play the game.

My guess is that though it no where and in no way states that EA Access and the games downloaded from the Vault cannot be played through the multiplayer that must be the case because it was only the electronic download through EA Access' vault that caused the problem.

If you are also experiencing this problem go get a hard copy of the game.  Me, I'm going to be calling EA (again, or having them call me) to refund the money that I spent on their service that doesn't work as advertised before no doubt having to go to my bank to have them put a stop on the charge for goods/services not received.

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (11,731 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
I've got the same issue. It tries to connect to EA Servers then gives me the error that they are not available.
Message 2 of 11 (10,261 Views)

★★ Novice

So, after several days of working at this here's what I have to report:

Don't call EA (or I should say don't have them call you) because they can't/wont help.  

EA Access must be the culprit because I went to Gamestop and picked up a hard copy of the game and after a 15GB update to the Xbox One to be able to play it I was able to get into the game, download an online pass from the in game store menu, and unlock the full ability to play the game.

My guess is that though it no where and in no way states that EA Access and the games downloaded from the Vault cannot be played through the multiplayer that must be the case because it was only the electronic download through EA Access' vault that caused the problem.

If you are also experiencing this problem go get a hard copy of the game.  Me, I'm going to be calling EA (again, or having them call me) to refund the money that I spent on their service that doesn't work as advertised before no doubt having to go to my bank to have them put a stop on the charge for goods/services not received.

Message 3 of 11 (11,732 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried both disc and EAA digital and still get this message. It's been going on now for 4 days with the occasional luck of getting in for 2 matches.

Message 4 of 11 (10,071 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi all, I may have a solution, just something to try. I was experiencing the same problem initially, but it may be worth just double checking that you have all the DLC required. Head to the the game, press the menu button and then select 'Manage Game' go to 'Ready to Install' and hit 'Install all'. This method solved the problem for me instantly.

Message 5 of 11 (9,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was able to connect to EA Servers while on wifi, but not while plugged in via ethernet. Interesting, no idea why. Tried multiple times with both and got the same results. Wifi connects, ethernet does not. Anyone else?

Message 6 of 11 (9,444 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem too. For me, it was a region problem.

I was initially playing the game on Xbox 360, in France, with a UK version of the game (to play with the original voices). There was no problem connecting to EA servers and play multiplayer then.

However, when using that UK disk to install and play on Xbox One, the EA servers could not longer be reached. I had to buy a French version of the game, it made a second install on the Xbox One (as if it was a different game than my UK disk, weird), and then it worked with that installation. Fortunately I was able to download the Original Voices DLC to avoid the terrible French dubbing of the French disks.

Tip: uninstall the game **before** installing it with a different region disc, otherwise you'll have two 15-Gb installs on your system. If you uninstall one of the two **after** when they are both on disc, both are uninstalled.

Message 7 of 11 (8,696 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Evangun999 and thank you for sharing this workaround with us here. Glad to know you are able to play the game now. Sorry for any inconvenience with those different languages versions. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 8 of 11 (8,667 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm Having a Similar Problem No Matter What i do I can't Connect to EA Servers I live in Kenosha WI and I've hard reset my Xbox, Reinstalled it twice once on disk the other digitally I'm at my wits end Plz Help. 

Message 9 of 11 (7,365 Views)

@hydraking44

The game is most likely not the problem if you have a US version.

Try to restart your router,

Restart your router in this way:
Pull the power plug > wait 5 minutes > return the power plug.

If that don't helps, here is a xbox guide for a similar issue.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 10 of 11 (7,323 Views)