I can't get my debit card verified as a form of payment

by blueyedshadow

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I can't get my debit card verified as a form of payment

★★★ Newbie
I'm trying to buy mass effect 3 but whenever I try to enter my card as a form of payment it says that they can't verify this credit card, but there is no way to say it's a debit card or anything. Why does it do that and is there anyway to fix it?
Message 1 of 24 (77,235 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't get my debit card verified as a form of payment

★★★★★ Expert

You must save your billing information to your origin account first to make any new purchase in the new origin store after you save it log out and log in to origin and you will be all set to go 

View in thread

Message 2 of 24 (85,272 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

You must save your billing information to your origin account first to make any new purchase in the new origin store after you save it log out and log in to origin and you will be all set to go 

Message 2 of 24 (85,273 Views)

--------------------------------------------------
Origin Ordering & Payment FAQ
https://help.ea.com/article/ordering-payment-information#1

What payment methods do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, as well as PayPal and Click & Buy for customers who do not have a credit card.

What address should I enter in the billing information screen?
For credit card verification, enter the address exactly as it appears on your credit card statement.
--------------------------------------------------

The second one is usually where I have an issue.

SD Signature Banner

Message 3 of 24 (77,135 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue. Origin says they cannot verify my card and each time I try to purchase a game, it charges me $1, which is supposed to be refunded after your card is verified, but since my card isn't being verified, will this $1 still be refunded? I currently have $5 in pending transactions because I have tried to purchase Sims 4 Get To Work five times. Also, why isn't my form of payment being accepted? 

Message 4 of 24 (74,665 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also, what if I don't get a refund on all of those $1 transactions since my purchase didn't go through? What should I do then? What will happen if I export all of those transactions? 

I know $5 doesn't seem like a huge deal, but it's annoying that I'm being charged for no reason and not getting that money refunded because they can't verify my debit card. If there's a way to fix it, that'd be great. I heard somewhere that it may take up to 7 days for the money to be refunded, but I'm wondering if that still applies if my purchase didn't go through...

Message 5 of 24 (74,662 Views)

★★ Novice

Still dosent work, went in to save it and it still says that it cant verify. besides that all this thread is is saying save your info in a different spot, well not matter what spot its the same *.

Message 6 of 24 (64,393 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Debit cards are no longer accepted as a payment option, which is, in my opinion, dumb.Angry

[admin edit: Direct Debit is still a valid payment option. (Regional differences possible)]

Message 7 of 24 (62,135 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So basically, the reason you haven't been able to do this if its still happening is because the card doesn't have sufficient info about you, you have to go to the cardholder website and basically link yourself to their system your address, SSN, and other, this will link with the card giving them sufficient data so that they may find the info needed for you.

Message 8 of 24 (61,417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Your card holder has this information on hand this comment makes no sense they can't legally issue you a card without your ssn which they get from the bank that issues your card.

Message 9 of 24 (37,039 Views)

★★ Novice

did you figure this problem out? i am also having the same problem

Message 10 of 24 (35,937 Views)