How do I move the Mass Effect games to new PC without downloading?

by PhoenyxFire3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I move the Mass Effect games to new PC without downloading?

★ Novice

I have all three Mass Effect original games on an older pc, I need to get them (with DLC's if possible) to a new pc. I do not have Internet where I am living. Is there a way to do it? Saved games I'm not worried about. Thanks for any help you can give!

Message 1 of 6 (2,088 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I move the Mass Effect games to new PC without downloading?

@PhoenyxFire3

Ok, then it is possible.

- Install Origin on the new Computer.

- if you use the same hard disk, rename the "Mass Effect" folders under ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games" to "ME1", "ME2" and "ME3"  (without the quotes)

- Start The download of Mass Effect, wait 15 seconds and pause the download. (Origin is creating the folder structure of the Game in that time)

- Do the same with the two other games.

- Close Origin completely.

- Copy the content of the "Mass Effect" folder from the old machine (or the "ME1" folder if the same disc) into the new "">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect" folder. (override)

- Do the same with ME2 and ME3.

- Start Origin > Game Library > Mass Effect > click on "download". Origin will confirm the content in the Game folder and will install the game.

- Do the same for ME2 and ME3.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (2,318 Views)

All Replies

@PhoenyxFire3

If you don't have internet at all, so not even the capability to logon for the first time, then I am afraid there is non.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 6 (2,082 Views)

★ Novice

It depends on if you consider dialup as having Internet. Yes, I can login, can I download anything? I don't think so.

Message 3 of 6 (2,080 Views)

@PhoenyxFire3

Ok, then it is possible.

- Install Origin on the new Computer.

- if you use the same hard disk, rename the "Mass Effect" folders under ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games" to "ME1", "ME2" and "ME3"  (without the quotes)

- Start The download of Mass Effect, wait 15 seconds and pause the download. (Origin is creating the folder structure of the Game in that time)

- Do the same with the two other games.

- Close Origin completely.

- Copy the content of the "Mass Effect" folder from the old machine (or the "ME1" folder if the same disc) into the new "">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect" folder. (override)

- Do the same with ME2 and ME3.

- Start Origin > Game Library > Mass Effect > click on "download". Origin will confirm the content in the Game folder and will install the game.

- Do the same for ME2 and ME3.

Message 4 of 6 (2,319 Views)

★ Novice

Ok, thanks! That I can do. It's just the thought of downloading all that at 56k that had me worried. Now I can finally dump that Core 2 dual core piece of junk. Hmm, I might not... I can always install Ubuntu on it and it will be of some service anyway. I'll let you know how it turns out. My only worry is the CD keys now.

Message 5 of 6 (2,070 Views)

@PhoenyxFire3

The keys are irrelevant, you can't use them again anyway.

You must use the same EA/Origin account credentials as on the old machine, then your games will be in you Game Library without further actions.  

Message 6 of 6 (2,064 Views)