How do I install from disc without download?

by thelazymoose

Original Post

Re: How do I install from disc without download?

★★★ Newbie

You are my hero. Don't know how these f%ck$n morons came up with this system but it sure does suck!

Message 21 of 66 (7,474 Views)

★ Novice

I am experiencing the same problem with the already used code and have no words to describe my frustration. Over five hours have I tried installing a game I have bought. Downloading it is not something i'm willing or able to do. I'm never buying another ea game, that's for sure. The Game advisors via livechat were also unable to help me and just wasted my time and disconnected me two times and transfered me to different advisors. I am absolutely disguasted. 

Message 22 of 66 (7,365 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had heard how bad Origin was, but figured meh I heard the same when Steam came out etc.

If this wasn't ME3, I would just sell my *censored* account to somebody and walk away. EA can kiss my butt. I can find other games to play.

Message 23 of 66 (7,278 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did not work.  Kept getting error message.  Download from SIMS3.com still not working either

Message 24 of 66 (7,182 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, 

I have just been having this issue. What worked for me was to uninstall Origin and then reinstall it when the autorun for Sims 3 asked. After it reinstalled, it asked me for the Language and began the Sims 3 installation. (Currently in the process of installing, so here is hoping it all goes smoothly - or I may just have jinxed it, hah! Well if things go wrong I'll be back to discredit this "solution". If I'm not back, then it worked!)

P.S. I think it is ridiculous that any connection to online and Origin is necessary for a HARDCOPY that I bought at the store for $50. Especially considering I had previous to this been trying to download it via Origin (from an old code of a lost CD) and it had taken upwards of two days even though at each stage I was at most told 8 hours remaining (yet the percent that was downloaded seems to drop from the 70s and 80s to 16 or 44).  If things get any worse I will be opting out from buying anything further that is related to Origin. 

Message 25 of 66 (7,053 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I do not understand this could someone please translate this?

Message 26 of 66 (6,995 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought the Mass Effect Trilogy on disk in 2013 for my PC. I am very disappointed that that I can't load the game off the disks. I pay a lot for the bandwidth on my internet and if I had known the disks weren't going to work I would never have bought them. I am not in the habit of buying things that don't work and I doubt that EA will reimburse me for the bandwidth I never intended to use. I did contact the help centre and ultimately the only way to get the game was to download it from origin and to log into origin each time I play and to save the game on origin all of  which uses bandwidth. Is there some simple patch or fix that will let someone use the disks, or will I be reimbursed for the bandwidth I am using?

Message 27 of 66 (6,941 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@boris8001 wrote:

<snip>

Is there some simple patch or fix that will let someone use the disks...

Yes, see the [SOLUTION] which is flagged on the first page of this topic.

@boris8001 wrote:

<snip>

... or will I be reimbursed for the bandwidth I am using?

No.  Not in a million years.

Message 28 of 66 (6,932 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@VanbelleAnouk wrote:

I do not understand this could someone please translate this?

What language?  Confusedmileyindifferent:

Message 29 of 66 (6,930 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've got the same problem except im trying to install Crysis 3, will this work using the same method that sundance31us used?

Message 30 of 66 (6,773 Views)