Got put into a hacked lobby on ME3 MP PC version

by MRDNRA2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Got put into a hacked lobby on ME3 MP PC version

★★★ Newbie

Hi, new poster here.

I started doing ME3 mp on PC a couple of months ago (previously having played on xbox 360 a couple of years or so back), and I just got put into a hacked lobby for the first time. This resulted in me earning 10x the regular amount of xp, credits and points. Is there a way I can find my game history so I can report the hacker(s), as I didn't think to check the names of the other players in the game at the time? Is there also a way the extra credits could be removed from my account? I started the game with somewhere between 16000 and 19000 credits, only found out after leaving the lobby after the game ended I now have over 350K credits, as a result of that one game. As someone who plays for the challenge of the game, earning an excess amount of credits even from a one off game of being dropped into a hacked lobby (on wave 2 I think it was as well) seems highly unfair and I'm not really sure I want to spend those credits when they weren't exactly legitimately earned (even if being dropped into that particular game wasn't something I could control having done a quick match search).

I must say I initially thought it was just some modded version someone was using until I googled why it could have happened! I wasn't aware such hacks could happen or did happen prior to this.

I suppose one lesson I can take from this, is to host my own games (or be hosted by someone I know) to be (hopefully) guaranteed to avoid any such hackers in the future!

Message 1 of 3 (767 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Got put into a hacked lobby on ME3 MP PC version

[ Edited ]
Hero

The game is very vulnerable to issues like these because it reads variables from local files on the host's PC.

For issues like these you should contact EA support directly. This forum is user-to-user and is more suited for finding workarounds to common problems. A credit wipe is something we can't help you with here.

https://help.ea.com/contact-us

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (844 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

The game is very vulnerable to issues like these because it reads variables from local files on the host's PC.

For issues like these you should contact EA support directly. This forum is user-to-user and is more suited for finding workarounds to common problems. A credit wipe is something we can't help you with here.

https://help.ea.com/contact-us

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (845 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for your reply and the link - I have now reported the issue directly to EA as you have suggested.

Message 3 of 3 (736 Views)