Extended Cut - can't install

by MaciekMaciek87PL

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Extended Cut - can't install

★★★★ Novice

I own the Collector's Edition of the game, and can't install the Extended Cut. "From Ashes", Collector's Edition Materials and the Soundtrack downloaded automatically with the game - but I can't download the Extended Cut, or the multiplayer maps. Whenever I try to do it and click on the "get it now" button, II receive an error 403:

"403 Forbidden

Request forbidden by administrative rules".

What should I do? From what I read this is supposed the Extended Cut is supposed to be free, so why didn't it download automatically  with the rest of the game - and why doesn't Origin allow me to install it manually?

Message 1 of 5 (2,554 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Extended Cut - can't install

★★★★ Novice

Hi David,

I just did this, and it s worked. I created a Bioware Social Account, and manually "bought" the Extended Cut - upon starting Origin, I clicked on the "get now" button and it has downloaded and installed.

Hopefully this topic will be helpful for other users who might have the same problem. Thank you for your help. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (2,832 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hmm, what region are you in?

Do you have trouble with all MP DLCs (resurgence, rebellion and so on) or just some of them?

Do you have Origin set to R&D mode? If you're not familiar with this, that's ok, it's an unsupported mode that some users set the client to, and it can lead to odd issues later. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (2,541 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi David!

I am in Poland. I bought the game directly via Origin, along with the Digital Deluxe Update.

All of the multiplayer DLC return the same error when I click "Get it now", as does the Extended Cut. In comparison, the "From Ashes" DLC downloaded automatically with the game and was included in the playthrough. I only realized that I missed the Extended Cut ending after reading about it on the web.

I haven't manually set Origin to R&D mode - I'm not familiar with it and haven't changed any of the Origin settings since I first installed it. I tried changing language to English, but it returns the same error when trying to install Extended Cut and the multiplayer DLC.

Any idea how to solve this? Thank you for your help.

Message 3 of 5 (2,535 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the extra details.

If you log in to https://social.bioware.com/page/me3-dlc can you download the free MP DLC from there, as a workaround?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 5 (2,528 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi David,

I just did this, and it s worked. I created a Bioware Social Account, and manually "bought" the Extended Cut - upon starting Origin, I clicked on the "get now" button and it has downloaded and installed.

Hopefully this topic will be helpful for other users who might have the same problem. Thank you for your help. Standard smile

Message 5 of 5 (2,833 Views)