Error redeeming product code

by tysgr

Original Post

Error redeeming product code

★★★ Newbie

This is my first time using Origin, and I think I see why people are not too keen on the service.

I saw ME3 on for $10 at green man gaming, so I picked it up.  They gave me a code to redeem in origin.  This is pretty standard stuff that I've done a dozen times before with the other better known client.  So I installed the Origin client and logged in and tried to redeem my product code and got this error:

"GENERAL ERROR"

It doesn't matter if I use the client or the web link.  Same error in both spots with multiple attempts.  Really spells out the issue.  And then to make matters worse, all the help links go from some basic knowledge base to this forum, which seems to be mainly patrolled by other players, but since this seems to be the only option for assistance, I suppose I'll post here.

Anyone have any thoughts / comments on the issue?  Is there any way to actually get someone from EA to look at this?  Is this a normal occurence for Origin? 

Message 1 of 2 (1,545 Views)

Re: Error redeeming product code

★★ Pro

The usual - have you tried re-installing Origin, did you try on another computer (using the same login?). Other than that you'll have to contact official EA support here https://help.ea.com/ You may have to change your country settings to "united States" in order to contact them via Live Chat.

Message 2 of 2 (1,529 Views)