Constant disconnects from Mass Effect 3 servers

by empeekay

Original Post

Constant disconnects from Mass Effect 3 servers

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I suffer from constant disconnects from the PC version of Mass Effect 3. This is an issue that has affected me since I bought the game on release day. It occurs while playing single- and multi-player. 

In single-player, the game will freeze and the standard "You have lost your connection to the Mass Effect 3 server. You must connect again to access online features of the title" message box appears, Once it disappears, the game continues. This also occurs on the main menu. 

In multi-player the disconnect has occurred at all stages of play - after clicking "Multiplayer" and during the transition to the character screen; while idling on the character screens while idling in the lobby, pre-match; at any stage of a multiplayer match; on the reward screen; in the shop. 

I have a stable ADSL connection and this problem does not occur with any other online game that I play. In fact I have moved house since I bought the game and the connection problems, which started as soon as I installed the game, have continued in my new home. While I have been writing this message on my second monitor I have had ME3 idling on the menu screen on my main  (in windowed mode) and the client has disconnected from the ME3 server twice. The disconects can happen multiple times per hour, or not happen for days at a time. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to them, and I do not have anything system intensive running in the background (i.e. torrents, no other applications open bar a Chrome window). 

This is ruining my enjoyment of a game I have paid good money for - not just on release day, but subsequently for DLC and multiplayer packs. Please advise how you will help to fix this problem. 

Message 1 of 6 (3,068 Views)

Re: Constant disconnects from Mass Effect 3 servers

★ Novice

Hi,

IIRC, there was some sort of malfunction that deactivated online passes for some people after some patch update, but they fixed from their end, there was nothing wrong with us players, so perhaps if you contact tech support, they could help you the same way, which BTW, you should do before the 21th I think, before they're closing Bioware's offices for Xmas holidays.

Also to note, that I have personally been having random disconnects for a few days now, when I always played fine, so it's possible there's some sort of hiccup going on, apart from your problem.

Cheers

Message 2 of 6 (3,035 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Don't believe this has anything to do with online passes. Like I said, this issue has been occuring since I first downloaded and installed the game on launch day.

Message 3 of 6 (3,002 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi empeekay - I'm having exactly the same problem.

Same issues - random disconnects, doesn't matter if I'm client or hosting. The only way around it is to solo (which is no fun for me Frown ).

I chatted with an origin tech the other day and this is what we did;

• remove temporary files from 1) C:\Windows\temp 2) going to Run -> "%temp%" (no quotes) and removing those 3) Run -> "prefetch" and removing those as well.
  • turning off all firewalls (specifically I had AVG running which it didn't seem to like at all)

I'm skeptical that the first point helped at all, but I think the second may have had something to do with it. So I would suggest turning off firewalls (eeek!). I was able to get in a few matches that way.

Unfortunately I'm now having the same problem on my laptop! I'll let you all know if these fixes help there.

Message 4 of 6 (2,934 Views)

★★★ Newbie

guess what 2016 and this bull is still happening

Message 5 of 6 (1,596 Views)

Re: Constant disconnects from Mass Effect 3 server

★ Novice

Yeah, I still get disconnected fr MP, 8/10 matches. The ping at the start of the match was good, then dropped, then disconnected. Wonder what EA did with all our money. There's still people playingg this game but it seems they abandon it.

Message 6 of 6 (1,412 Views)