Re: Cerberus HQ - Black Screen & Infinite Loading Screen SOLUTION

by holger1405

Original Post

Cerberus HQ - Black Screen & Infinite Loading Screen SOLUTION

★★★ Novice

SOLUTION

This will solve the black screen and the infinite loading screen on PC: 

1. Load savegame before going to the Chronos station (Cerberus Headquarters).

2. Turn on Full Decisions in the Narrative options. 

3. Answer Anderson that you're ready to go.

4. Instead of a black screen there is now the proper cinematic and the game works as it's supposed to.

(Full decisions can be turned off again after you land on the Cerberus Station if you like.)

Have fun. X33-SPECTRE

Message 1 of 10 (7,654 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks X33, +XP

Can any player who tries this post with your results please.

barry.png
Message 2 of 10 (7,583 Views)

★ Apprentice

Didn't work and I've tried everything from all threads since 2012 on. I have played this game so many times and it is the first time this has happen.

Message 3 of 10 (7,194 Views)

★ Novice

Tested did not solve the problem,  lets hope the new mass effect dont have a game breaking bug like this one.

Message 4 of 10 (7,180 Views)

[ Edited ]

@drkninja2k5

This is not a in game bug, it always comes down to missing or corrupt textures, (sometimes mod related) corrupt save games, or hardware (Ram or hard disk) problems.

Edit: And please don't create double posts.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 10 (7,171 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just so everybody knows this post is almost correct.

I had the black loading screen and had tried everything before coming to this page, what worked for me was to turn off all narrative options in the menu causing the game to choose my options for me. It auto made me tell Anderson that I was ready, then skipped the "scene" with Ashley and loaded me straight into the scene where EDI told me she was coming through. 

Super Easy fix so I will now repost the fix.

1. Load savegame before going to the Chronos station (Cerberus Headquarters).

2. Turn off Full Decisions in the Narrative options. 

3. Automatically tell Anderson that you're ready to go.

4. Instead of a black screen there is now the proper cinematic and the game works as it's supposed to.

(Full decisions can be turned on again after you land on the Cerberus Station if you like.)

Message 6 of 10 (7,045 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I initiated the mission I had a romance scene with both Ashley and Liara, then the screen goes black. If I moved around I could hear movement in the game but couldn't see anything. I fixed this in my game by loading a prior save, then performing a quick save just before starting the mission again. I then closed the game and edited my save file with "Gibbed's Mass Effect 3 Save Editor"

http://www.moddb.com/games/mass-effect-3/downloads/mass-effect-3-save-editor1

Under Plot-->Mass Effect 3-->Romance I unchecked Ashley and Liara (everyone but Tali) saved over my quicksave then loaded the game. 

1.PNG

After re initiating the mission I had a romance scene with Tali then progressed to the war room (Where I was previously getting the black screen).

This may require some testing. I chose Tali since I started the romance sequence with her by choosing her over the Geth and getting the gift photo of her for the Captains Quarters.

I just figured I'd update this thread with a solution found in 2018 as I'm sure others will continue playing this.

Message 7 of 10 (6,434 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for the update @o0KJL0o Standard smile

I'm definitely one of those people, who come back to ME3 from time to time, just because they like this game some much. I didn't encounter mentioned bug with infinite loading screen myself, but I think other players might find your fix quite useful.

Again, thanks for sharing!

/Ataashi

Message 8 of 10 (6,419 Views)

★★ Novice

I can confirm that mucking with the romance selectors with a save file editor is the cause of this bug. I encountered the same issue, and I had to disable having multiple romances selected.

Earlier in the game, it did make things interesting, especially the post-party sequence where it had Liara and Jack with overlapping character displays as well as overlapping dialogue.

But it definitely hangs the start of the Cerberus HQ mission.

Message 9 of 10 (4,426 Views)

Community Manager

@ChaosCnndrm wrote:

I can confirm that mucking with the romance selectors with a save file editor is the cause of this bug. I encountered the same issue, and I had to disable having multiple romances selected.

Earlier in the game, it did make things interesting, especially the post-party sequence where it had Liara and Jack with overlapping character displays as well as overlapping dialogue.

But it definitely hangs the start of the Cerberus HQ mission.

Thank you for sharing your findings, @ChaosCnndrm 

This post was originally created in 2015, so I will be closing it down. Please try searching for a newer post before creating a new one if you still need assistance.

• Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

Forum Rules & Guidelines: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#dos-donts

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 10 (4,362 Views)