Can't install mass effect 3 from DVD

by Extreme-X64

Original Post

Can't install mass effect 3 from DVD

★ Novice

I just got the mass effect trilogy pack from my local shop, I can get mass effect 1 and 2 installed from DVD but when I go to install mass effect 3 from the disc it wants me to put an activation code in.

now I checked my account and the game is showing up there and I can download it but I rather install from DVD since I don't have all that much data and it would be slow to download.

Can someone please help me out?

Message 1 of 3 (487 Views)

Re: Can't install mass effect 3 from DVD

★ Guide

This is a known issue and is unlikely to be fixed now support for ME3 has ended.

Another user has posted a work around in this thread http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-3/how-do-you-install-mass-effect-3-from-the-disc/m-p/54696#M470.

It's not ideal to have to copy the data from the discs to your hard drive and extract more data from them but it will allow you to install the game without having to download massive amounts,

Message 2 of 3 (476 Views)

Re: Can't install mass effect 3 from DVD

@Extreme-X64

Try to disable your internet connection and then run the Install Exe at the disk by hand.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 3 (463 Views)