Can't get ME 3 to run

by weaslexxx

Original Post

Can't get ME 3 to run

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Okay... trying to be calm here... why can't I play Mass Effect 3? I double click the icon, and nothing! It links to cloud and... NOTHING! I've restarted, I've repaired, I've gone to sites to figure out whats going on... but I can't figure this out. Can anyone help me?

Running:

AMD 8150 Eight Core 3.60 GHz

16 Gigs of Ram

64 Bit Windows 7

AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series HIS

About 2 Terrabytes of HD space

I'm thinking this is more or less an Origin problem, but I'm not sure if there's a way around this. I've tried turning off the Cloud Sync... hasn't worked. Runned as Admin... Hasn't Worked... Am I the only one with this issue?

Message 1 of 31 (4,515 Views)

Re: Can't get ME 3 to run

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Quick Bump: The Origin Network is getting to the point where I want to say: Sure, I'll buy the game, but I'll also find the pirated software, just so I can get it to work. EA Apparently has no idea how frustrating this is. 

Message 2 of 31 (4,466 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@weaslexxx wrote:

... Am I the only one with this issue?

Yes.  As the approximately half-million players with Win7/64 bit Origin installations demonstrate. Confusedmileywink:

Essentially, something on your end is interfering with the program's ability to execute. 

Presuming you have a standard/default folder structure, the most common fixes are:

1.  Ensure firewall and/or av programs aren't interfering with the initial install and activation of the game.

2.  Un-/Re-install (including using the "correct" EA account to activate.)

3.  Set the EA/Origin client to "Run as Administrator".

4.  (If still won't play) Close Origin completely (including "Exit" from the systray icon) and launch directly from a desktop shortcut.

Message 3 of 31 (4,456 Views)

★★ Novice

1. Done, didn't work

2. Did that twice, once with the CD... didn't work

3. Did that, didn't work.

4. Did that, (Double clicked on ME 3 Icon.) It brings me to Origin. (Sigh)

Message 4 of 31 (4,443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@weaslexxx wrote:

4. Did that, (Double clicked on ME 3 Icon.) It brings me to Origin. (Sigh)

No, no!  If this is happening, then whatever shortcut you're using is not correct.

It should look like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32\MassEffect3.exe" 

With the quotations marks, but you must verify/adjust the game's path (everything before the final "\MassEffect3.exe") to match your specific installation.

Message 5 of 31 (4,438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Did that, didn't work, called a tech, went through a list and nothing, I was then sent on hold for a High Tech guy, but then I got disconnected. Trust me when I say that this isn't a normal problem. I mean, I can't get an error message to save my soul to at least give me an IDEA of whats going on or how to fix this. It say's launching... and then. poof, nothing... no error message, no helpful hint on what to do for said VAUGE problem... I really am in need of some real help... but if I get stuck on hold then get cut off again... there's nothing I can do here...

I have ME3 with all the DLC and I can't even use it... at this point... I think I may cry. There is something wrong with connecting with Origin to get through to play the games I bought... I mean, I connect okay, and everything, but I just can't get this to launch... CORRECTION, Pinnicle Station for ME1 works via Origin.... so... wow... I just can't get my ME 3 game to run...

EDIT: Regestered on Bioware... still... nothing.

EDIT #2: FINALLY GOT A REACTION, still not working but I switched it to Windows XP Service Pack 2, got a black screen, and was booted out... Soooo... let's try messing with Windows then...

EDIT#3: Spore works too... Let's try uninstalling again... There has got to be something wrong with installation somewhere...

EDIT#4: I may have found the issue... and this may be really stupid too, so bare with me on this one folks. After I added my old Hard Drives to my new PC I had a copy of Origin on it, I didn't know that Origin was on my old drive and proceeded to install a new Origin... This may have conflicted with ME3's path from one Origin on my E drive to the new Origin on my C drive... I've uninstalled both E and C and will completely unistall All my games and reinstal them on my C drive... Hopefully, this was the issue, will update as I finish my installation with Origin and ME3.

EDIT#5: Surprise surprise... didn't work... I'm out of ideas here...

Message 6 of 31 (4,432 Views)

★★ Guide

@weaslexxx wrote:

Okay... trying to be calm here... why can't I play Mass Effect 3? I double click the icon, and nothing! It links to cloud and... NOTHING! I've restarted, I've repaired, I've gone to sites to figure out whats going on... but I can't figure this out. Can anyone help me?

Running:

AMD 8150 Eight Core 3.60 GHz

16 Gigs of Ram

64 Bit Windows 7

AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series HIS

About 2 Terrabytes of HD space

I'm thinking this is more or less an Origin problem, but I'm not sure if there's a way around this. I've tried turning off the Cloud Sync... hasn't worked. Runned as Admin... Hasn't Worked... Am I the only one with this issue?

Hi, I feel for you. You are not alone with this issue of ME 3 failing to load , whether on an XBox 360, PS3 or any number of Gaming PC's. I found this in the knowledgebase here at EA, and maybe you can find some inkling on what EA considers as Minimun or Best PC's configurations to play ME 3. I wish you luck.

MASS EFFECT 3 MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Minimum system requirements:

• OS – Windows XP SP3 / Vista SP1 / Windows 7
  • CPU – 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU
  • RAM – 1 GB for Windows XP / 2 GB for Vista or Windows 7
  • Disc Drive – 1x speed
  • Hard Drive: at least 15 GB of free space 

Internet connection is required to play 

• GPU – 256 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 support
    • Supported chipsets: Nvidia 7900 or better; ATI X1800 or better.  Please note that Nvidia GeForce 9300, 8500, and 8300 are below minimum system requirements, as are AMD/ATI Radeon HD3200, HD3300, and HD4350.
    • Sound – DirectX 9.0c compatible
    • DirectX – DirectX 9.0c
    • Please note that if using an AMD Dual Core CPU, we recommend utilizng the AMD Dual Core Optimizer, available for free download by AMD.

Recommended system requirements:

• OS – Windows XP SP3 / Vista SP1 / Windows 7
  • CPU – 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU
  • RAM – 2 GB for Windows XP / 4 GB for Vista or Windows 7
  • Disc Drive – 1x speed
  • Hard Drive: at least 15 GB of free space 

Internet connection is required to play 

• Video – AMD/ATI Radeon HD4850 512 MB or greater / Nvidia GeForce 9800GT 512 MB or greater
  • Sound – DirectX 9.0c compatible
  • Please note that if using an AMD Dual Core CPU, we recommend utilizng the AMD Dual Core Optimizer, available for free download by AMD.
Message 7 of 31 (4,400 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah you are certainly not alone on this my friend. 

I have just submitted an official query about this exact issue on the official EA forums and got a response from them to simply send in all the error log details by email.

Not only can we not use a game we PAID for, they dont employ tech support that could in any way assure you this is something fixable. -.-

Will certainly post here if they come back with something that works

Message 8 of 31 (4,382 Views)

★★★ Novice

this looks similar to an issue I am having, however I am running it on windows 8.  I start the game, it syncs my cloud save data, the box pops up at the bottom of the screen then it goes away and... nothing else happens.  I can still launch ME1 and ME2 though.

Message 9 of 31 (4,346 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. Launching from Origin iI get cloud sync.. then nothing.  Using the short cut I get an error message " side by side configuration is not correct" . And I don't have a clue what that means Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 10 of 31 (3,533 Views)