Black screen after stargazer credit

by NoireMegami

Original Post

Black screen after stargazer credit

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So, I've just finished playing Mass Effect 3, but whenever I get past the stargazers credit and receive the message from BioWare, the game just stuck with black screen, I can't do anything, can't get back to main menu, I just able to close the game via Task Manager or Alt + F4. I have the Mass Effect 3 N7 Digital Deluxe Edition with no other DLC buying with Bio points. It's very annoying and seems to have been here for quite a long time as when I searched for it, there are many threads regarding this issue but It's still here. Please, fix it.

p.s: I played on vanilla game. and my PC specs are: Intel Core i7 720QM - 8GB DDR3 - Quadro K3000M

Message 1 of 7 (918 Views)

Re: Black screen after stargazer credit

@NoireMegami

Did you tried to repair the game. (in Origin > Game Library > right click ME32 > Repair)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 7 (900 Views)

★ Novice

I've tried to repair and redownload it but the problem still there Frown

Message 3 of 7 (890 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@NoireMegami wrote:
<snip>
Quadro K3000M

That GPU isn't one normally found in a consumer gaming rig.  It's a high(-ish) end professional graphics workstation one.  There are known incompatibilities with many "standard game" graphics implementations and Quadro cards/drivers. 

There are also some workarounds that try to make a Quadro use a GeForce driver.  Google is your friend...

Message 4 of 7 (882 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have no problem playing other games using that GPU, and I've finished ME1 and 2 until I encountered the blackscreen at the end of ME3. If it's a GPU-related problem, I wouldn't have been able to play so many games before ME3. 

BTW: the K3000M has different number of CUDA core compared to other GeForce GPUs so, as far as I know, there isn't anyway to make it run the GeForce driver.

Message 5 of 7 (860 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Saying , "But other games don't have a problem..." is meaningless.  Your problem is with one specific event in one specific game.  You claim it's not related to your GPU, but the behaviour is exactly the kind of thing that is the result of an unsupported graphics call.

BTW:  Quadro Driver Tweak (How To Make Your Quadro A GeForce Driver Side)

(May not be helpful for this specific issue, but obviously others thought it worth trying for theirs...)

Message 6 of 7 (847 Views)

★★★ Novice

I run a NVIDA GeForce GTX 960, and first few play throughs i had no problem and ever since I've had the same issue. When in cut screen and it goes black before the crash seen it never recovers from black screen.. I had same issue with Divinity and the only fix was to run the game in windows 7 compatibility mode. I will be trying that with ME3 to.

Message 7 of 7 (522 Views)