unauthorized DLC list

by chelane

Original Post

Accepted Solution

unauthorized DLC list

★★★★ Novice

DLC downloaded both via Origin and BSN, installed via BSN.

screen shot of unauthorized DLC message . . . 

http://www.photosbychelane.com/me2-dlc-msg

(not trilogy)

Message 1 of 7 (4,662 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: unauthorized DLC list

★ Guide

What I meant with logged in on the game is that when you are in the game menu you have the option "connect" (placed a bit to the right of the other options). However, that's only if you aren't connected already. If you are connected it will be something like "next page" and "previous page" there.

If it asks you to connect you should be fine by just clicking there and log in to the proper account.

If you are connected you could try to change set the game to not automatically log you in when you start the game (under extras-->option-->online) and then restart the game. Just to make sure that you are logged in to the correct account.

I'm afraid I don't have any other idea of what the problem could be.

Oh, and by the way you wrote "please fix the install problem for ME2 on Origin (I have Version 9.1.3.2637 - 204018)". Just for clarification this is a forum in which player help player (along with a few EA employees) so it's highly unlikely that someone who can do something to that will read this.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (5,165 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Are the account you are playing on (not the one you are logged in on Origin but in the game) the same that you bought the dlc to?

Message 2 of 7 (4,645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I bought ME1 and ME2 in Mar 2011, online.

I had to redownload everything because I recently switched to Win 8.

AFAIK, there is only one account for me, Origin and BSN accounts are linked it appears.

I'm not sure what you mean by account logged in the game.  I have never had to log in to play

the game.

From my other post on page 15 of the thread "Origin Redownloading ME2 DLC . . . 

"

I switched to Windows 8 and had to re-download ME & ME2 (I have ME3 on disk, but haven't re-loaded it yet).  I did a play-through of ME, before getting ME2 set up.

I imported the latest play-thru just fine.

I'm having the same issues with Origin not installing the DLC for ME2 properly.   In the game it claims that all those titles are not authorized.

In Origin, clicking Install gets a flash of a completed progress bar, but changes nothing.

I'm in the process of get them all downloaded again via the entitlements page on BioWare Social Forum.

Please fix the install problem for ME2 on Origin (I have Version 9.1.3.2637 - 204018).

edit - I also want to note that launching ME2 outside of origin has the same list of unauthorized DLC as it does when

launched inside Origin - INCLUDING  Zaeed and Cerberus Weapon and Armor (which I had downloaded and installed

outside of Origin!)

edit2 - just installed Kasumi outside Origin.  Opened Origin and it says it needs to download ME2  - WTF?!

edit3 - next day, logged out and back in Origin and now it shows Play for ME2.   installed Arrival outside Origin,

but no change in the unauthorized list in the game."

Message 3 of 7 (4,636 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Now have new version of Origin - Version 9.1.10.2716 - 208742

I put in my security question and answer and verified my email.

Now the DLCs in Origin say "Download" but when I click the button, it says "Preparing to download" for a few seconds,

but then goes back to the "Download" button.

In game, the same unauthorized DLC list shows up.

Message 4 of 7 (4,619 Views)

★ Guide

What I meant with logged in on the game is that when you are in the game menu you have the option "connect" (placed a bit to the right of the other options). However, that's only if you aren't connected already. If you are connected it will be something like "next page" and "previous page" there.

If it asks you to connect you should be fine by just clicking there and log in to the proper account.

If you are connected you could try to change set the game to not automatically log you in when you start the game (under extras-->option-->online) and then restart the game. Just to make sure that you are logged in to the correct account.

I'm afraid I don't have any other idea of what the problem could be.

Oh, and by the way you wrote "please fix the install problem for ME2 on Origin (I have Version 9.1.3.2637 - 204018)". Just for clarification this is a forum in which player help player (along with a few EA employees) so it's highly unlikely that someone who can do something to that will read this.

Message 5 of 7 (5,166 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Wow, its amazing the things that can be overlooked just because I played many many times without needing it.

So, I finally found the Connect button (BTW, too small of a font size) and all is good now.   If anybody is wondering where

it is still, its on the base of the right hand "laptop" when the "Resume, New Game . . ." are on the left hand one.

Thank you, lonori, for your attention to this!

As to the proper place for the "please fix Origin" request, it looked like in the announcements that all tech and game

requests should go here on Answer HQ.   If that's not the case, please point us to the proper place such requests 

need to go.

Again, thanks.

Message 6 of 7 (4,596 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue however connecting to my EA account didn't resolve the issue for me.  Also combine this issue with the issue talked about in other posts about how origin auto downloads the same DLC already ingame and when you hit cancel it starts again anyway.  And when you allow it to download when you hit install nothing happens.

Message 7 of 7 (4,558 Views)