Re: origin won't go online after first installation

by holger1405

Original Post

origin won't go online after first installation

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I just baught the "the complete mass effect saga" product and now I wanted to install Mass Effect 1.

But after installing Origin I'm stuck since it tells me that I'm offline / is waiting to install a critical update.

I've searched via google on this and I deduced that it is probably some setting in my router (a TPlink Archer C7).

I hoped I installed the ports correctly but apperently I did not (note: I don't have any experience with port forwarding so I would not be that surprised ifI messed up).

Port Forwarding

Can anybody help me get this correct?

(P.s I've Norton 360, but there I've already seen that Origin is allowed in the firewall. And I've Spybot but could not find anything there which could block the ports. And I'm running windows 7)

Kind regards,

Petradonna

Message 1 of 2 (465 Views)

Re: origin won't go online after first installation

@petradonna

This ports must be open on your Router:

Origin Ports
TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

But I am unfamiliar with this product name: "the complete mass effect saga" Where did you buy it?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 2 (436 Views)