Re: Zorya glitch (Zaeed loyalty mission planet)

by TheBorn2017

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Zorya glitch (Zaeed loyalty mission planet)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm surprised it hasn't been posted here yet, I've found numerous people reporting it. However a fix has never been quoted. This is the problem:

I've been able to recruit Zaeed on Omega just fine, taking him along on missions no problem. Until I decide to travel to Zorya to do his loyalty mission. And all I get is this.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4692/2011122800002.jpg

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the DLC, uninstalled/reinstalled the game, nothing works. This has happened before on 2 different computers (however I don't have them anymore, so don't ask for specs, can't remember).

My ME2 version is the latest (1.02) on Steam. I downloaded the DLC from my BSN content page.

W8 x64 - fully up to date, 8gb ram, Nvidia GT630 + latest drivers 314.97

Message 1 of 5 (6,552 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Turns out the issue is caused when you start the mission with Zaeed's alternate outfit in use (the red one). Switch to his default yellow one, and the map will load properly. Mark as solved please.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (7,061 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Turns out the issue is caused when you start the mission with Zaeed's alternate outfit in use (the red one). Switch to his default yellow one, and the map will load properly. Mark as solved please.

Message 2 of 5 (7,062 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having trouble with this... it says the disk is dirty but it isn't on a disk...??

Plus I noticed you said that it's caused by starting the mission with Zaeed's red outfit but if you haven't done the loyalty mission you shouldn't have the red suit... you only get it after completing the mission regardless of if you've done the mission in a previous game as I've done the playthrough before and completed the game with Zaeed being loyal.

So confusing :-S

Message 3 of 5 (5,833 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Whoa haven't been here in ages.

Well, regarding the outfit confusion, I mod the hell outta ME2's Coalesced.ini. I unlock all the available outfits from the start. I don't like Zaeed's default yellow outfit, he's like a giant banana. So I always switch to the red one.

Unfortunately back then it would also cause his loyalty mission to glitch like crazy. Thankfully I'm OCD when it comes to saving because I hate backtracking, and I always save right before I start any mission. So I reloaded the last save on the Normandy while Shep is standing on the galaxy map, restart Zorya mission, switch to Zaeed's giant banana outfit and everything loads properly.

Message 4 of 5 (3,888 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I do the same thing and this glitch threw me for a loop least I know I didn't kill my game to the point I need to reinstall.

Also if you want to change that yellow first outfit there is a mod on BSN under the Texture modders group that change his base armor color from yellow to black, iirc you can use it either as a texmod file or use ME Explorer to add it permanently.

P.s. It's strange how starting Zaeed's Loyalty mission with his second outfit on glitches it but it doesn't effect Kasumi's mission one bit if you use her second outfit.

Message 5 of 5 (3,543 Views)