Re: Tuchanka Urdnot ruins Grunt mission

by marine1969

Original Post

Tuchanka Urdnot ruins Grunt mission

★★★ Novice

At the end of tuchanka Urdnot ruins grunt mission the game keeps repeating itself and will not let me go further back to the ship. When you press goodbye the instantly takes you back to the beginning of the conversation with the shaman. Keeps repeating. WHAT CAN I DO.

Message 1 of 6 (656 Views)

Ok, what I got was something on Tuchanka ruins Grunts mission, it has something to do with Urdnot clan and the Shaman.  That is about all I can get out of your post.  Better detail, more info on what you are playing on(PC--Xbox--PS), what you have tried, restarting mission, repairing game, etc...and maybe we can help you.

Otherwise...good luck.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 6 (651 Views)

★★★ Novice

My opologies, I left out a bunch of stuff. At the very end of the tuchanka urdnot ruins grunt mission, when speaking to the shaman, urdnot grunt bows and accepts, shepards reply screen comes on and I press "GOODBYE". The screen changes to the mission complete screen where you see the elusive man's back and the mission summary etc. When I press "exit", the screen returns to the end of the mission, to the shaman and he give his speech again. When I press "Goodbye" again, the screen does not go back to the mission complete screen, it just goes back to the shamans ending speech. Over and over. This is the end of all the missions, my next mission is to stop the collectors. I have tried restarting entire mission several times. You cannot go to "stopping the collectors mission without completing the tuchanka mission first. I have tried saving during the mission and starting at that point, but the same thing happens. I'm stuck

I am running a PC Windows 10,  VGA MSI GTX960, I7 intel 930, 16GB MEM. MSI "big bang" MOBO.  My puter is about 6 years old but still runs games good.

Thank you for your help.

Message 3 of 6 (634 Views)

[ Edited ]

@marine1969

Try to repair the game. (in Origin > Game Library > right click ME2 > Repair / In Steam > right click at ME2 > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 6 (626 Views)

Oh, man that sux...yeah, try the repair game as mentioned above, that is best bet.  Working properly it should kick you back out in Tuchunka base, iirc.  If repair doesn't work, post again, and we can try some more things, but am betting repair will.

As a side note, no you DON'T have to do this mission to stop the collectors, but it may cost you team members if you aren't careful in what you do if you don't do it.  There are plenty of missions in the game to trigger main missions without getting all companions or doing all loyalty quests.  It helps you do them all if you want to have everyone survive, but they aren't required to complete the game.  I would rather find out what is causing issue and fix it, simply because my luck is it would bork out during the final mission too, and really mess me up.   Grunt is important in he fighting capabilities in the final mission...don't know how much you know about it so I will try not to put spoilers just in case, but since I have finished this game probably close to 20 times I can say with certainty this mission isn't required, as I have done a play where I didn't even unbox him.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 5 of 6 (618 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did finish the game and found that you are correct,  you can finish without completing the Grunt mission. It begins after the legion is activated. I saved the grunt mission for the very last with no other missions after the "stopping the collectors" mission. The same thing happened as before. One thing I noticed though, when I press goodbye, and at the moment the screen changes to the mission complete screen, you can hear shepards voice say, "this is interesting".   I think shepard does say that throughout the game when he picks up something, maybe one of those is hanging.

I did try repair twice with no luck. 

Thank you for your help and suggestions.

Message 6 of 6 (604 Views)