[Solved] Press and hold F to end mission... true bug for me!

by neim

Original Post

[Solved] Press and hold F to end mission... true bug for me!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello there!

So, I was enjoying Mass Effect 2 recently, and downloaded the Firewalker DLC. In the first mission Rosalie Lost, on planet Zeona, I use the Hammerhead vehicle to grab all the research packages. When I finally finished grabbing these, the game asks me to Press and hold F to end the mission. 

You know the story, I assume: I press and hold it, it does not work, pressing it repeatedly does not work neither. Prior to this mission, I changed the melee key for "G" and the middle button, so I tested them also: they don't work. Checked both F and G with or without CAPS LOCK active: they don't work.

I reloaded the mission several times, re-did the mission several times: it still does not work.

The bad thing about this "bug" (if I'm not mistaken here), is that it occurs in a mission where I can't go back to the Normandy by any other means: no shuttle, nothing. So I can't get back to the Normandy, I'm stuck in this mission.

Worst of all, the last save I did was nearly 8 hours of game before (yay, I played all day!); the other saves I have are within this mission. So I'm stuck, stuck, stuck... and getting desperate.

Any idea? Because right now, I'm redoing this mission over and over again and I feel like living Groundhog Day

Thank you offworlders

[Edit:] Ok I've stop redoing the mission over and over now, cooled down a bit, looked again at the binding keys, and noticed there was a specific key to press allowing to go back to the Normandy anytime. So, no need to actually press and hold F (which is still bugged as far as I know), this button saved me!

Message 1 of 1 (6,647 Views)