Mass effect 2 DLC compatible with Mass Effect Trilogy?

by Gilcrist

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass effect 2 DLC compatible with Mass Effect Trilogy?

★★★★ Novice

I downloaded the free Mass Effect 2 through Origin and completed it.  I liked it so much that I now want to purchase the Mass Effect Trilogy.

Will the DLC that I have for Mass Effect 2 work with the Mass Effect Trilogy?  Or will I have to purchase the DLC again?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (545 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass effect 2 DLC compatible with Mass Effect Trilogy?

★★★ Guide

@Gilcrist

It should work with the trilogy as it's tied to the game. If you buy the trilogy, you can just install 1 and 3. But seeing as I've bought bundles that have had duplicates of games I've already had, you should be fine. If not, come back and/or initiate a live chat and explain your situation.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (634 Views)

All Replies

Re: Mass effect 2 DLC compatible with Mass Effect Trilogy?

★★★ Guide

@Gilcrist

It should work with the trilogy as it's tied to the game. If you buy the trilogy, you can just install 1 and 3. But seeing as I've bought bundles that have had duplicates of games I've already had, you should be fine. If not, come back and/or initiate a live chat and explain your situation.

Message 2 of 3 (635 Views)

Betreff: Mass effect 2 DLC compatible with Mass Effect Trilogy?

@Gilcrist

As @FluidPanNerd already mentioned all DLCs you got for free or purchased will work with the Trilogy as well.

Still, the free version of ME2 is does not differ from the Trilogy version so I as well would suggest to simple install ME1 and 3 and leave ME2 as it is.

OT: The Game mechanics of ME1 quite differ from the mechanics of ME2 and 3. That might be hard to getting use to, but don't give up, the story will reward you.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 3 (526 Views)