Mass Effect 2 - Trilogy Pack Data Transfer Issue

by Trisskela

Original Post

Mass Effect 2 - Trilogy Pack Data Transfer Issue

★ Novice

I recently acquired the Mass Effect Trilogy pack because I only have a PS3 and I have been wanting to play the first Mass Effect so I could start from the beginning. I played through the first Mass Effect and when I went to start a new Mass Effect 2 game with my character from Mass Effect, I was only given the option to import a ME2 character that I had already finished the game with. I was not given the option to play my Mass Effect character. Is there a certain way I have to go about importing the character? I was severely disappointed when I saw this. Is there anything that can be done?

Message 1 of 4 (1,435 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 2 - Trilogy Pack Data Transfer Issue

Hero

Have you installed the recent ME2 patch that allows savegame imports?

If you did, play through the final part of ME1 again and wait until the end credits are over.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (1,430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have not. Mostly because I am unable to connect my PS3 to an internet connection. It is from the Trilogy pack. Does this still require a patch download to be able to fix this? I may be able to find a way to connect to be able to download the patch if that is the problem.

Message 3 of 4 (1,418 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

There was a patch released for this to allow imports from ME1 into ME2 for PS3. Once you download this patch, there shouldn't be an issue importing your characters.

Message 4 of 4 (1,395 Views)