Mass Effect 2 - Physx error

by vand902

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect 2

★★★ Newbie

Hallo, horrible  game, mass eff 2. I have saves from ME 1 ( one of the first edition ) . now  i bought ME trilogy and cannt copy saves to ME 2. I tried everything from this forum, nothing works. Please, help meeeeee. Thanks a lot.

Message 21 of 35 (3,786 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also getting the physics error, though I downloaded the game from Steam and do not have a disk.  Does anybody have a safe link where I could download the needed PhysX version for free?

Message 22 of 35 (3,749 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Nivillen wrote:

Hallo, horrible  game, mass eff 2. I have saves from ME 1 ( one of the first edition ) . now  i bought ME trilogy and cannt copy saves to ME 2. I tried everything from this forum, nothing works. Please, help meeeeee. Thanks a lot.

Please start a new thread. This thread is about PhysX related issues.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 23 of 35 (3,742 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 2 - Physx error

★★ Novice

FWIW, I had this problem with the Origin install version (ie. no disk) and sonevar's post solved it for me.  

sonevars_answer

btw, just google for "physX 9.09.0814" and you'll find nvidias download page for that version.

Yay for EA/Origin... I buy two games and both are super pains in the butt to get working.  Top notch stuff.  I typically just play one game through at a time, so the physX downgrade isn't too big of a deal... but what a pile.

Message 24 of 35 (3,715 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried everything what people suggested but it didn't help. When i installed a patch 1.03 i get an error awc.dll load failed, i repaired the game and now I get the physx error again.

Message 25 of 35 (3,665 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sonevars answer worked for me as well.

I have the Origin version of the game which suddenly wouldn't run because of a PhysX error. Tried the newest PhysX version as well as the one included in the folder: Mass Effect 2/__Installer/physx/redist, but the game still didn't work.

I then googled  "physX 9.09.0814" just like chilly81 said, installed that version, and now it works like a charm!

Message 26 of 35 (2,874 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Top! Thx man. I had this problem too and the thing was that the Physx that was in the file (I bought it via origin), was a different one than the one you mentioned, so I tryed the version you said an boom! no problem ^^

Thx

Message 27 of 35 (2,658 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! I uninstalled the newest PhysX and googled the version you mentioned to download from Invida and now it works. Thanks so much!

Message 28 of 35 (2,564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@sonevar wrote:

To Fully Clarify both the Problem and the Solution

1) PhysX drivers WILL NOT negitively effect a non-NVidia card since the software itself does not focus on the Graphics card

2) If you do not have an nVidia Card, and you are getting the Physx update error when trying to Run Mass Effect 2 you must uninstall any version of PhysX you have (even if other games require it) and install PhysX_9.09.0814_SystemSoftware which is found in the software folder of Disc 2 of Mass Effect 2 (or possibly online somewhere)

3) If you try to update to or already have newer versions of PhysX, the version that is required by Mass Effect 2 will either be overwritten, or otherwise refuse to install because it detects a newer version. In either case Mass Effect 2 will not run and/or stop running

4) If you play games that require newer versoins of PhysX then you will need to uninstall Physx and reinstall  PhysX_9.09.0814_SystemSoftware every time that you want to play Mass Effect 2, and then reinstall newer PhysX whenever you switch back to your newer games so, I recommend that you keep a copy of both  PhysX_9.09.0814_SystemSoftware and whatever newer version you need somewhere on your Hard Drive in case you need to juggle them for these reasons.

5) You do not need to reinstall Mass Effect 2 itself, only the  PhysX_9.09.0814_SystemSoftware in order to get it running again

I know this is kind of old now, but thanks for posting what version of PhysX you need for Mass Effect 2! I just installed the Windows 10 preview and have all my games installed on a second hard drive, but Mass Effect 2 wouldn't start without PhysX. I installed the newest one and it still wouldn't work, but then I grabbed the version you recommended and I'm up and running! Thanks again!

Message 29 of 35 (2,060 Views)

★ Novice

I know this is a bit old, but I get this issue when I install the Overlord DLC. Before hand, it worked.

Would this solution still work?

Message 30 of 35 (1,968 Views)