Mass Effect 2 - Physx error

by vand902

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect 2

★★★★★ Expert

ME2 is running fine for me with PhysX 9.12.1031 on Win8 Pro/64-bit, (EA/Origin Store download.)

Message 11 of 35 (8,562 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am truely happy that it's working for you, honestly on my old machine which has an NVidia card, it runs fine at higher versions of PhysX. However when I tried to install my Origin copy on this machine which has a Raideon HD 7560A (??) I got the Physics failed error after clicking play on the launcher. I tried reinstalling it from my Disc copy which launched the older PhysX setup and it ran fine, however since I also have an Origin copy that doesn't require the disc to play (and all of the DLCs installed) I copy/replaced that content over hoping to save time and hassle. After doing so I got the load failure error again until I reinstalled the older PhysX from the Disc at which point the digital overwrite began working fine. On a whim I tried to manually upgrade PhysX after that and the error cme back again. I had to uninstall the newer PhysX (because the older launcher aborted after detecting a newer version) so that I could once again reinstall the older PhysX from the Disc (which fixed the problem again).

Message 12 of 35 (8,556 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@sonevar;  Weird!  Glad this workaround does the job for you, cumbersome as it may be if you have other games requiring a more recent version of PhysX!

Message 13 of 35 (8,557 Views)

★ Apprentice

Update: A full Uninstall and clean reinstall of my Origin copy works fine now, haven't tried to upgrade PhysX beyond default install yet though *shrug*

Message 14 of 35 (8,549 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm glad that this solution worked for you. Unfortunately, when I try to install the older version of Nvidia PhysX from MS2 Dsk2 Windows refuses to do so.  So I updated the PhysX versions to the msot uptodate, as this worked for others and alas that instals but I stll get the 'failed to launch PhsX environemtent error message.

Suggestions?

I have to say that Mass Effect Trilogy is proving to be a real pain in the neck. I would have though all bugs would be resolved by now. And Origin just gets i the way, with yey another buggy system. This is proving to be a real disappointment.

H

Message 15 of 35 (8,456 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am posting below a link to a Steam forum Post on Velvet Assasin which seems to be suffering the same PhysX version issues, the instructions provided are solid and worked for me:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3014882

Message 16 of 35 (8,443 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much for this fix. Glad you could help. Seems strange that the community can fix a problem that the games company should have. Ho hum but thank you again.

D

Message 17 of 35 (8,439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm running Mass Effect 2 from Trilogy edition on Windows 7 32-bit on laptop with integrated ATI Radeon 6520M. The disc comes with PhysX 9.12.1031 which is getting the same Physx described here. But none of the instructions in this forum work at all. I also tried the PhysX legacy driver which also doesn't work.

Also tried http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3014882 above, but does not work for my laptop.

Anyone have idea who to get ME2 to run on ATI Radeon 6520M on Win7 32-bit?

Thanks.

Update:

Tried installing ME2 from Trilogy on my other laptop that has Windows 8 64-bit. Same error on Physx. Both laptops have integrated ATI video.

The default PhysX-9.12.0613-SystemSoftware that withs on the game disc works properly on ME3 from Trilogy. Only fails to run on ME2.

Message 18 of 35 (8,398 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Had the same issue after I reformatted my comp after major issues.  Just went to update driver at nVidia site and that fixed it.  Wouldn't it have been easier to just tell him/her that?  The nVidia site is pretty up to date in that respect.  Maybe putting on auto updates would help as well for future gaming needs...just a suggestion.  The only reason this happened to me is because I had to reinstall everything and tried to play without thinking and before I put things like auto-update back on with the clean install. Mostly, just keep your stuff updated either automatically or manually and these types of issues go away I've found. :D

Message 19 of 35 (8,142 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Установил все три игры  Mass Effect, что бы пройти поэтапно всё. При запуске Mass Effect 2 игра не находит персонажа из первой части. Что можно сделать?

Message 20 of 35 (8,078 Views)