Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC won't install

by Tup3x

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 2 DLC won't install

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I recently bought a new PC and installed ME2. But when clicking the Download button for the DLC in Origin, sometimes it does nothing, sometimes it downloads but then the Install button does nothing. This is for all DLC I own (which is most of the DLC released). I also tried downloading from the BioWare website but have the same issue. I'm hoping someone has a fix as so far EA Support has been unable to help after 3 live chats... I obviously retried installing Origin and ME2 numerous times. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 16 (14,571 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Please don't necro old threads like this @Czaste

Thread locked.

-Aido

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (3,962 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

You really need to provide a great deal more information.

Because most of the new arrivals, and even many of the more experienced gamers as well, will have have misunderstood how to evaluate their PC compared to that game box warning label, we have to start from here.  Please fill it all in.   

Basic Hardware Specification Chart (Empty so far)

Processor Manufacturer: AMD / Intel
Processor Name / Type: Athlon X2 / Pentium D / C2D / dual core / quad, etc.
Processor Speed:  ?.? Ghz
Operating System / Service Pack: WindowsXP with SP #?, Win7, Vista ?  
System RAM: ? ? GBs (MBs, if less than 1024 ? )
Video (GPU) Manufacturer: ATI / Nvidia ([b][i]only those two are supported, PERIOD, [/b]so please answer which of them you have[/i])
Video [b][u]Card[/u][/b] Model: (examples) Radeon HD 6670 / Geforce GTX 550
Video Card Driver Version: Catalyst ?.? / Nforce ??.??
 . . (please use the numbers, and dates, *not* the word "latest")
Video display's default screen resolution
Video [b][u]Card[/u][/b] onboard RAM: ? ? ? MBs
Sound Card Manufacturer:
Sound Card Driver IDs:
Sound Card Model:

Get All the Details on the Hardware Inside Your PC
http://www.pcworld.com/article/114741/answer_line_get_all_the_details_on_the_hardware_inside_your_pc...

(And this is only for the raw hardware & driver variations.  Potential software conflicts are far more likely to be game play problems, and developers cannot test for all possible program loads.)

Message 2 of 16 (14,514 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Apologies for not being specific enough. I have sent my DXDiag to EA Support who told me my System was fine and it was not causing the issue. 

Here are my specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Family Edition Premium 64-bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce  GTX 555

Driver Version: 8.17.12.8566

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Sound Card : Realtek

Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys

Driver Version: 6.00.0001.6494

As for software conflicts, I have no different software installed than on my previous PC which ran ME2 just fine. I have no problems downloading DLC for ME3, DA:O or DAA, it's just ME2 that has an issue. Windows Defender is disabled, as is my antivirus and I authorized all EA, Origin and ME2 through my Firewall. 

The last person from EA Support thought the issue could be path related. Mass Effect 2 installs by default straight into my Programs folder, whereas ME3 installed in an Origin Games folder. He used Interactive Desktop to make some changes using regedit then told me to reinstall ME2, but ME2 installed again in its default location and not in the Origin folder, and the problem persists. 

Thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 16 (14,511 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Just want to note I'm having this issue as well.. though I own all the DLC because I bought them through the bioware store.

howlingsiren..

Not sure if the collection is going to unlock all the ME dlc via the bioware store but give it a try..

https://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php

Message 4 of 16 (14,499 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem too.

All ME2 DLCs after download become "Ready to Install" but they don't actually install anything. And ingame the game tells me that they are corrupt and I need to redownload them.

Message 5 of 16 (14,488 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I forgot to say that I'm running Windows 8, if that matters.

And origins has administrative rights.

Message 6 of 16 (14,487 Views)

★★★ Novice

Have you tried downloading the DLC through the bioware store?

Message 7 of 16 (14,476 Views)

★★ Novice

This has been a problem for me from the start. I've used Origin in three separate systems, all of them formatted a few times during this time and with Windows 7 and 8 64-bit versions. The problem is not on my system. It's in the Origin client.

DLC download works for the first time but hitting install does nothing and after restarting Origin it tells me that they can be downloaded (again) but now the download button does nothing. Mass Effect 2 informs me that the DLC's are corrupt and need to be redownloaded.

Get your stuff working people or return to Steam instead - I've NEVER EVER had any problems with Steam and it installs everything silently and without any problems. I buy everything from Steam as I've done for years now. Even if it sometimes costs twice as much as a physical copy (for example) in Finland. I don't really care that much if it WORKS and that problems are fixed FAST.

Fortunately the DLC's work when downloaded from Bioware's site (where I've bought them) but I really hate to install any game content manually these days (exept mods).

It shouldn't take this long to fix a problem that has been around for ages. Even if it is an old game. With EA's recources...?

Message 8 of 16 (14,355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

None of Bioware's people read these forums.  You can't connect with them here.  However, ME-2 won't be patched any farther,  that much is quite certain. 

Message 9 of 16 (14,350 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I have it installed through steam and **bleep** origin just keeps whining about DLC. I wish you could hide the game so that it doesn't whine about them but that that's not the case with the hide option.

Message 10 of 16 (14,315 Views)