Mass Effect 2 DLC not being recognized

by dpowered

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 2 DLC not being recognized

★★★ Newbie
I originally bought ME2 on steam but i had origin at the time and they work with EA i guess but anyway it made me download it onto origin despite me already doing so on steam and i wanted to play the DLC but turns out the DLC for some reason is not on steam so i looked for how to get it for pc and found out that a lot of the DLC was free so i went to this link:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/dragon-age/dragon-age-origins/bioware-classics-dlc/

I got it from the offical Mass Effect wiki under Downloadable content while i was searching and some of the DLC worked while others didn't. It tells me that a few of them are "Unable to authorize" and its weird to me because some of the other ones work just fine and i have an account and everything.
 Also i tried some suggestions like uninstalling and reinstalling window visuals but that didn't work and i can't redeem my could on social.bioware.com because i already used it for it in game
Message 1 of 4 (2,517 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC not being recognized

@dpowered

I assume you did not purchased the DLCs that don't work.

The "Cerberus Network Downloads" (Firewalker Pack, Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, Cerberus Weapon and Armor, Normandy Crash Site and Cerberus Arc Projector) are included in all ME2 editions, the other DLCs however (Genesis, Arrival, Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker, Kasumi – Stolen Memory, Firepower Pack, Aegis Pack, Equalizer Pack, Alternate Appearance Pack 1 and 2) are not included and must be bought separately.

For the Steam version you need to register your Steam CD key at the BSN side under "My Games" > Register Game. (If you have an Origin/EA Account, use the same credentials to logon.)

Then you can buy them here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (3,192 Views)

All Replies

@dpowered

I assume you did not purchased the DLCs that don't work.

The "Cerberus Network Downloads" (Firewalker Pack, Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, Cerberus Weapon and Armor, Normandy Crash Site and Cerberus Arc Projector) are included in all ME2 editions, the other DLCs however (Genesis, Arrival, Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker, Kasumi – Stolen Memory, Firepower Pack, Aegis Pack, Equalizer Pack, Alternate Appearance Pack 1 and 2) are not included and must be bought separately.

For the Steam version you need to register your Steam CD key at the BSN side under "My Games" > Register Game. (If you have an Origin/EA Account, use the same credentials to logon.)

Then you can buy them here.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 4 (3,193 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well i was under the impression that the DLC was free to download so you can confirm its not?

Message 3 of 4 (2,480 Views)

[ Edited ]

@dpowered

Yes I can.

The DLC I mentioned (Genesis, Arrival, Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker, Kasumi – Stolen Memory, Firepower Pack, Aegis Pack, Equalizer Pack, Alternate Appearance Pack 1 and 2) can be downloaded but the are not free.

You need to buy them first in order to get them authorised in game.

Message 4 of 4 (2,476 Views)