Mass Effect 1 not importing properly to ME2

by wannabuyabun

Original Post

Mass Effect 1 not importing properly to ME2

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Okay so I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times but I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. 

I recently downloaded Mass Effect 1 through PSN. I did NOT buy the trilogy because I already own the other two (along with the DLC) on disc for my PlayStation. 
Here's the thing. 

I recently completed the first game and popped in the disc for Mass Effect 2 in hopes of getting a save file. It worked. Evony Shepard popped up and the quick decision check before the intro seemed accurate. 

BUT

When the ship was attacked, it was Liara who spoke to my Shepard, not Kaidan (who was romanced in ME1). I've played the trilogy before on my Xbox so I know it's your LI that should be talking to you. Anyone know what's going on? My PSN is connected to the internet and all updates have been done (Including the patch). I don't want to continue the game if it's not going to work right. :/ 

Update: Everything else seems to be right so far. Saved the alliance, killed Ashley on Virmire, Wrex is alive, etc... but there is no picture of Kaidan on the desk (the frame is empty). It's like I didn't have a romance at all. I just want to be sure that this will be the only thing that didn't transfer over. If it doesn't recognize the Kaidan romance then no big deal. I just don't want to suddenly be in a romance with Liara (not a fan of asari) or have other decisions not show up (Looking at you Conrad Verner). 

Message 1 of 2 (332 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 1 not importing properly to ME2

★★★ Newbie

From what I know, on PS3 Liara will always show up at the beginning of the game. No matter who you romanced. Not sure what is up with the picture frame, but your romance should still be with Kaidan and they will still act as if you romanced them on Horizon.

Message 2 of 2 (283 Views)