Re: Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC Polish user with English version of the game[x

by arechia

Original Post

Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC Polish user with English version of the game[xbox]

★ Apprentice

I bought the entire Trilogy for xbox one with backward compatibility. Before I did that, I've read English version of ME2 is best to play all the DLC since Polish language version does not support it. So I did and I can see an option to buy this DLC in Menu inside the game, but it tells me I can't buy it. Same thing is happening in the market when I enter US or UK version of it and try to buy the DLC. It says this DLC can't be bought in my region. So what do I gotta do to play it? Change Gold region to US or UK? If I do so, won't I lose this DLC after I come back to my original region, because I have to do it after 3 months anyway since I have a game that is fully region locked and I won't be able to play it otherwise... I'm not going to lie, redeem code would be the best option to get this DLC, but I haven't seen any of those around. The Shadow Broker plot was one of the most inreresting in ME1, I'd like to continue it in ME2. 

Message 1 of 13 (4,250 Views)

Re: Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC Polish user with English version of the game[x

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Yeah, I have the same problem in the Hungarian region, except with all the DLC, not just LotSB

Message 2 of 13 (4,172 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had no problem with downloadable content available in my region (I have almost all DLCs), LotSB is the only content out of my region I'd like to play and can't do it because it's blocked. I digged and digged and can't find a solution.

Message 3 of 13 (4,152 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi all!
Same issue here.
I bought the trilogy in the xbox one backward compatibility program. I would like to perform a "last replay" before ME: Andromeda comes outStandard smile
All ME1 and ME3 DLCs are working fine.
But in Hungary all ME2 DLCs are blocked (except appearance pack 2) Frown
I hope there will be a solution in the near future.
Happy holiday!

Message 4 of 13 (4,076 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yeah, I'm still crossing my fingers for a solution. I even contacted Xbox Support and BioWare Store for help, but they can't do anything. Only EA can.

Also, thanks to Xbox Support I've learned that even if I change acc location it won't help because PayPal is in my currency... 

Message 5 of 13 (4,072 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still nothing? 

I've checked Origin and it's possible to obtain LotSB out there now, will it ever be unlocked for xbox?

Message 6 of 13 (3,972 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem. I played all of the ME 1-3 in english, so I don't need polish translations, just want to buy this dlc and be able to play it. 

Message 7 of 13 (3,914 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, the solution which I couldn't readily find for CZ/PL/HU versions of the game(for PC!) is the registry edit of the game from the language to en_US. There should be a registry editor on xbox as well from what I could google. On PC the path is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SOFTWARE / Wow6432node / bioware / mass effect 2 and there just change language from your local to either en or en_US

Sorry if this doesn't help on xbox platform, but might be worth a shot

Message 8 of 13 (3,856 Views)

★ Apprentice
It won't work on Xbox because we can't change registry. We can change the region but it also won't work because to buy it we'd need a PayPal opened and registered in $, € or £. Which may also not work because of the IP... I spoke with the xbox support and the only true solution is unblocking the content for our regions. Same thing happened this month with Dragon Age Origins for free with gold. We can't get it... We're given some ugly platform game instead because DA is locked to our region.
Message 9 of 13 (3,674 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This situation is really wierd, because from game menu (Polish version) this DLC and also Arrival, that is unavailable too are available and have a Polish description for those DLC and even for achievements, but EA claims that those 2 were not officialy published for Poland. Don't know why we can't just buy it, even if its true and its only in english.
Message 10 of 13 (3,266 Views)