Incompetent Advisor - Please advise!

by RocketBabyDollSA

Original Post

Incompetent Advisor - Please advise!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My account was hacked and so I lost everything I had purchased previously. So far I have spoken to three people on live chat, one was helpful and the other two were less so.

It turns out my Origin ID was linked to another email account yet I could still log in with my own. Luckily I was able to re-link Mass Effect 1 & 2 and with the help of someone in the live chat I was able to restore Mass Effect 3 as I still had the email with proof of purchase.

I managed to find emails of proof of purchase for five of the DLC's, I was hoping that someone in the live chat would be able to restore them to my account. I have to say I was less than impressed with what happened. Instead of trying to help me with this issue, he asks for a new email address and then puts all the DLC content into there instead of the email account I have always used.

This account is the only one I've registed with Origin, all my purchases in my emails are linked to this account, I even started making some headway into recovering it. So why did the advisor create a new email log in and put everything in there?

Afterwards I was told that if I wanted to play the DLC content I'd have to use the account he created. He also told me that the DLC's, which are still available to purchase, are discontinued and no new codes could be created.

Right now I'm in a complete "What the hell?" frame of mind. What can I do? The content has been restored, but not in my own damn account!

Message 1 of 3 (216 Views)

Re: Incompetent Advisor - Please advise!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Do what I do when I get a, shall we say... "less than knowledgable" Game Advisor:  Hang-up (or disconnect) and try again with another one.

Usually the second one is better.  Occasionally I've had to go to a third.

But (with one exception that turned-out to have been a Studio decision) they've eventually been able to resolve every situation to my my satisfaction. 

Eventually.

Message 2 of 3 (204 Views)

Re: Incompetent Advisor - Please advise!

Hero

I once had an issue that the advisors simply couldn't fix. I tweeted my support ticket number to @askeasupport and they escalated the issue. The problem was resolved soon after.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 3 (198 Views)