Betreff: I have Mass Effect 1 and 2 on Steam, can I transfer files to Origin?

by holger1405

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I have Mass Effect 1 and 2 on Steam, can I transfer files to Origin?

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I have both ME 1 and 2 on Steam, and iv'e redeemed the codes on Origin, but I don't want to download both games again, can I somehow transfer the files from my steam folder to Origin so I don't have to download the games again? (I have both installed on my PC)

Message 1 of 3 (420 Views)

Accepted Solution

@SunnyyyBlue

May I ask why you want the games inside Origin if they work on Steam?

To the question, sometimes ME2 Origin recognises the Steam installation and is just ready to play.

The folder structure of the Steam installation is a little different from the Origin installation so I don't know if this guide for Origin back up installations will work.   

Note: Having both installations on one system can lead to problems and can render both games unplayable, so I would recommand that you uninstall the Steam version if you use Origin.

A different and easer approach would be to add ME and ME2 to Origin as non Origin Games. (In Origin, menu top left corner > Games > Add Non-Origin Game...)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (454 Views)

All Replies

@SunnyyyBlue

May I ask why you want the games inside Origin if they work on Steam?

To the question, sometimes ME2 Origin recognises the Steam installation and is just ready to play.

The folder structure of the Steam installation is a little different from the Origin installation so I don't know if this guide for Origin back up installations will work.   

Note: Having both installations on one system can lead to problems and can render both games unplayable, so I would recommand that you uninstall the Steam version if you use Origin.

A different and easer approach would be to add ME and ME2 to Origin as non Origin Games. (In Origin, menu top left corner > Games > Add Non-Origin Game...)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 3 (455 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thank you @holger1405 for this great advice, I hope @SunnyyyBlue was able to transfer the games. Let us know if you are still in need of assistance.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 3 of 3 (384 Views)