Re: Having an issue with Mass Effect Genesis and starting a new game

by EA_David

Original Post

Having an issue with Mass Effect Genesis and starting a new game

★★★ Newbie

I'm trying to start ME2 and have no ME1 data as I played that on console. At first I downloaded a save to pull from, I went to the configuration tool and pointed it to the save folder but when I start the game and try to import, it says there is no data. So I started the game fresh to go through the genesis comic. I definitely have genesis installed but it doesn't show up at all after the opening cutscene. What's more, during the opening cutscene, Ashley is the one who runs to get Sheperd, and as far as I'd heard, it should be Liara if the game has no data to pull from. I deleted the game and the Bioware save folder (I know it wasn't pulling from my downloaded save though, as it was a Kaiden lives save), but even on reinstall the same thing is happening, Ashley shows up even though it says there is no save data present.

Anyone have experience with this?

Message 1 of 2 (450 Views)

Re: Having an issue with Mass Effect Genesis and starting a new game

Community Manager

@spm615 Thanks for the post. Can I check if you have an Origin version of the game or a Steam one?

If you're on Origin please click the game panel then Extra Content, and check there that the Genesis content is installed. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (434 Views)