Controller Support

by DarkerDeathGun

Original Post

Controller Support

★★★ Newbie

Hello I am trying to get my xbox one controller to work on Mass effect 2. Is that possible or not?

Message 1 of 6 (494 Views)

Re: Controller Support

★★★ Guide

@DarkerDeathGun

There is no native support for an xbox controller in Mass Effect 2. There is a mod for it however, but mods should be used at your own risk and in some cases may void any warranty or refund opportunities.

The mod can be found here.

Message 2 of 6 (490 Views)

Hero

Mods aren't a risk. EA has a 'no questions asked' refund policy, so it shouldn't affect that.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 6 (455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Fred_vdp

Mods can cause games to have glitches and act in unintended ways. 

If one of the Community Mods wants to step in here and chime in, that'd be awesome.

They are also banned in the EA TOS: (Bolding, italics, and underlines added by me for emphasis.)

7. PC Products

B. Monitoring

EA utilizes certain technologies to detect and prevent cheating in connection with the use of EA PC Products. These are described below. You can visit http://www.ea.com/legal to know which technology is used with each EA PC Product.

Punkbuster. EA may use Punkbuster Anti-Cheat technology from Even Balance, Inc. You may opt to install Punkbuster during the installation of an EA PC Product. If it is installed, when you connect online to a game server using Punkbuster, Punkbuster will monitor your computer's random access memory (RAM) for Unauthorized Third Party Programs running concurrently with the EA PC Product and any modifications to the EA PC Product's files enabling or facilitating cheating. An Unauthorized Third Party Program is a third party program or file (such as a "addon", "mod", "hack", "trainer", or "cheat") that EA believes (i) enables or facilitates cheating of any type: (ii) allows users to modify or hack the game interface, environment, and /or experience in any way not expressly authorized by EA: or (iii) Intercepts, "mines", or otherwise collects information from or through the game. If you uninstall the EA PC Product, Punkbuster will remain dormant on your computer. To uninstall Punkbuster, run the executable at http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe.

EA Anti-Cheat Technologies. EA may use its own anti-cheat technologies. When you connect online to a game server, these technologies will activate and monitor your game play, the game files associated with the EA PC Product and your computer's RAM. These technologies detect cheating and Unauthorized Third Party Programs running concurrently with the EA PC Product and any modifications to the EA PC Product's files enabling or facilitating cheating.

If any of these anti-cheat technologies detects cheating, we may collect relevant information, including your account name, details about an Unauthorized Third Party Program and the EA PC Product files modification detected, and the time and date it was detected. We also may terminate your License and your EA Account if we determine you have been cheating.

When you disconnect from the game server, these anti-cheat technologies will be deactivated.

Message 4 of 6 (450 Views)

@FluidPanNerd

@FluidPanNerd wrote:

Mods can cause games to have glitches and act in unintended ways. 

If one of the Community Mods wants to step in here and chime in, that'd be awesome.

Maybe they will, but it would be unnecessary because @Fred_vdp is right.

It is true that Mods can cause problems in a game, but they will not "void warranty" because there is no warranty in the sense of the word for a EA game, just the great-games-guarantee from EA.

Furthermore, (Mind you we are speaking about Mass Effect 2 in this thread, other games might have other rules.)  Bioware has stated more than once that they have no problems with Mods as long as this mods do not influence the online part of a game in favour of the player. (Me2 has no online part.)

The Anti cheat software your refer to in the EA TOS, Punkbuster, is not used in any ME game and therefore irrelevant for ME2.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 6 (431 Views)

★★★ Guide

@holger1405

Thanks. I wasn't clear on that even as I read the TOS. I know Bioware has said they're fine with mods so long as it doesn't effect MP, but the EA TOS would over ride that I thought. Glad it's been cleared up.

Message 6 of 6 (419 Views)