Buying ME2/3 for a friend via Origin Direct Download.

by LindzDaWildkat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Buying ME2/3 for a friend via Origin Direct Download.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi there!

I'm thinking of buying a direct download of Mass Effect 2 or 3 for a friend of mine but before I do so, I would like to know a couple of things before I buy.

1.) Do I get sent a code to redeem in my email or does it automatically attach itself to my account?

2.) If it provides a code via email to me, am I allowed to share it with my friend so she can redeem and download it instead?

I already have all the Mass Effect games so I'd rather not attempt to buy a Direct download game and not be able to give it to her to use if I cannot do so, nor do I want to get into trouble if I do. Standard smile

Many thanks!

Lindsay

Message 1 of 13 (612 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Buying ME2/3 for a friend via Origin Direct Download.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I've been search about issue around Gift option, and I found on EA Forum, that even if they're saying that we can purchase a game as a gift, in fact we can't as there's indeed no option.

I advise you to contact the EA support to ask them directly on this mistake, and i'm sorry for the disinformation.

https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Change the Country: Select at the bottom on the right "Country selector", and choose "United States".

Select:

-Product: Origin

-Category: Technical support

-Plateform: ...

Click on the Live chat for a direct talks.

EDIT: You can buy the digital edition through Amazon which have a really gift option.

View in thread

Message 9 of 13 (581 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I never give up !Confusedmileyvery-happy:

I know a website which propose digital game really cheap,

here is the link for Mass Effect 2 Deluxe Edition:

http://www.cdkeyhouse.com/origin-keys/3-mass-effect-2-deluxe-edition-cdkey-origin.html?a_aid=1337

After you'll confirm your order, you'll receive the Origin key on your email adress.

it's maybe not the gift option you expected, but after all you'll have the game for your friend.

View in thread

Message 11 of 13 (473 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

When you buy a game as a gift, you'll have to provide the email of your friend.

After your purchase, you'll receive an email which proves this purchase but you will not receive any code.

The key will be sent to the email you provided as any informations for the download.

here is the information page on Origin website.

http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/en_IE/DisplayGiftingInformationPage

Message 2 of 13 (609 Views)

★★ Novice

Many thanks! ^_^

Message 3 of 13 (607 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Okay... I tried the link but it just takes me straight back to the homepage for some reason. :-/

Edit. Managed to find it Standard smile Thanks for the help :D

Message 4 of 13 (601 Views)

★★★★ Guide

In fact, the problem is that because i'm french, i'm always redirected on the French website... so I tried to copy the good link, and I thought it was okay, my bad.

As I can provide you the good one, go on Google and type "Origin Gift", and click on the first link which should be "Placing a gift order - Origin".

Message 5 of 13 (597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Okay, now I have a new problem. I don't see where the gifting icon is. All I see is the trash can icon  when it comes to reviewing the order.

Message 6 of 13 (590 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It seems to be at the final step of your order, before confirm it.

When you're going to your shopping cart, you'll have to click on (don't know exactly how it's called) "Proceed the purchase".

This is probably when you'll see your Credit card informations.

Message 7 of 13 (579 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 8 of 13 (574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I've been search about issue around Gift option, and I found on EA Forum, that even if they're saying that we can purchase a game as a gift, in fact we can't as there's indeed no option.

I advise you to contact the EA support to ask them directly on this mistake, and i'm sorry for the disinformation.

https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Change the Country: Select at the bottom on the right "Country selector", and choose "United States".

Select:

-Product: Origin

-Category: Technical support

-Plateform: ...

Click on the Live chat for a direct talks.

EDIT: You can buy the digital edition through Amazon which have a really gift option.

Message 9 of 13 (582 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yeah, just been in contact with them just now. The gifting option was only available to BF3 Frown Pity really.

Thanks for the help anyhow Standard smile

Edit: Tried via Amazon.com but its only for US customers, I'm in the UK so its not an option. The UK version of Amazon doesn't yet to digital downloads. Frown

Message 10 of 13 (562 Views)