wrong launcher

by Hydrated1008

Original Post

wrong launcher

★★ Apprentice

So i have mass effect on steam and i want to transfer it to origin. (or transfer mass effect 2 to steam) i have mass effect 1 on steam and mass effect 2 on origins and i want them on the same plattform. Any easy way to do this?

Message 1 of 7 (641 Views)

Re: wrong launcher

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Hydrated1008 

Have you tried to redeem Mass Effect 1 serial code in Origin client? If you have any troubles transferring your game, you should get in touch with EA Advisors directly

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ . They can transfer your game in no time. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 7 (629 Views)

★★ Apprentice

hello @EA_Archi!

If there is one thing i have learned from my experience on origins ti is that the support thing is *. this is what is says

Support Contact Information

To provide the best support for your account safety, we take these questions via phone. 

EA Advisors are available to take your question Monday to Saturday, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. CT. Select Call Me to request that an Advisor call you about your issue.* We'll give you an estimated wait time for your call back.

In the meantime, you may find answers to your account security questions on EA Help.

You can also get community-based support at Answer HQ.

No more! please can someone describe how to actually do it without contacting * services!

Message 3 of 7 (617 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Hydrated1008

What was your exact problem with EA help? 

For the platform.

I see no reason whatsoever to transfer ME1 to Origin if the game runs fine on Steam, but if you insist.

- In steam, right click on ME1 > view CD key > copy to clipboard.

- in Origin, menu top left corner > Origin > Redeemed Product Code. > paste the code > next.

If this is not working, (code error) only EA support can add ME1 to Origin. You can't add ME2 to steam.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 7 (607 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Hydrated1008 

Have you been able to transfer your game to Origin, using @holger1405 advise? Let us know if you are still in need of assistance.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 5 of 7 (582 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Archi and @holger1405. It when i try to copy in the CD code and click next it does not work. any other way than sh*t support to do this? i would really appreciate the help! 

Message 6 of 7 (575 Views)

@Hydrated1008

No, if the code is not working in Origin you need to contact a game advisor. If you are not from the US change the country in the top right corner.

If your region is not available, see this guide. More international Telephone numbers:

UK: +44 203 0141818
France:  +33 4 81 68 08 08
Spain: +34 911 230 490
Germany +49 221 3705 0193
Austria: +43 720  88 33 49
Mexico: +52 33 4770 5297
Norwegian:  +47 21 08 17 06
Dutch: +31 20 80 83 219
Swiss  +41 225 18 10 05
Poland +48 22 39 70 840

For the sh*t support, I personally found EA support always helpful and competent, I am sorry if you had other experiences, but this should be a very easy thing to do.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 7 of 7 (566 Views)