video doesn't work!

by GiuliaBarso

Original Post

video doesn't work!

★ Novice
I just installed Mass Effect and tried launching it on my laptop... The game seems to start, I hear all the sounds and clicking blindly from menu I managed to start a new career, and everything seems to run... But the screen is completely black. My laptop has an Intel integrated card AND a real card.. Running mass effect config I found out that, even if in the global video settings mass effect is supposed to run with the proper card the game itself seems to not wanting to recognize it and is configured to try launching on the Intel one ( the other doesn't even show in the config menu ).. What can I do?
Message 1 of 4 (506 Views)

Re: video doesn't work!

Hi @GiuliaBarso

Please create a DxDiag, also go to your Reliability monitor (Press the windows key and "R" at the same time and copy or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in > ENTER) and look if it has ME1 entries.

If yes double click at the last one, copy it to the clipboard, (Bottom left corner) save it to a text file and load it up like the DxDiag.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 4 (495 Views)

★ Novice

It doesn't have Mass Effect reported problems: the game launches and seems to work totally fine.. I could play, if I knew exactly the position of everything on the screen ( xD ). I even arrived to create Shepard ( deduced by sounds ). It's just that the screen is totally black.

The game recognises just the Intel integrated chipset and doesn't want to lauch on my AMD.... ( Yes, my global graphic settings of course are to use AMD with Mass Effect... I have no idea how to "translate" this to the game config though )

Message 3 of 4 (482 Views)

@GiuliaBarso

I have no information about your system and I can't help you without it.

So pleas create the DxDiag as linked in my first post.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 4 (478 Views)