mass effect 1 in origin won't launch

by Dragonesse01

Original Post

mass effect 1 in origin won't launch

★★ Novice

Hello,

Mass Effect 1 won't launch. I have repaired the game several times, even reinstalled origin from scratch. Tried various compatibily modes etc and everything I can find on forums. Nothing worked. The I tried this:

Install the 1.02 patch • Link

This fix is for the Origin versions of the game.

1. Open a new notepad document and Save As.
  2. Point it to your Mass Effect installation directory and select All Files from the drop down box.
  3. Save the blank document as MassEffectLauncher.exe
  4. Download patch 1.02 and paste the file into the Mass Effect installation directory.
  5. Run the file.
  6. Run the game from the Origin launcher. It will need a key. If you don't have one yet, contact Origin support by any means and request a new key for Mass Effect

I found the key in the mass effect binary folder in the masseffectcongif but when I entered that key it wasn't excepted. I have purschased the game via origin and all other games (including ME2 and 3) run just fine. I have a lenovo Y50 laptop windows 8.1 with Nvidia GTX 860M (all drivers updated) I7 4710HQ

Please help me fix this. I have tried your forums and websites and all the standard Trouble Shoot, but they aren't working. How can I get the serial key and why isn't the one in the masseffectconfig working?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Message 1 of 2 (228 Views)

Re: mass effect 1 in origin won't launch

★★★ Newbie

Thank you!!!! I tried everything and this is the only thing that worked!

Message 2 of 2 (208 Views)