Re: how do you delete a mod

by holger1405

Original Post

how do you delete a mod

★★ Novice

I recently downloaded a mod the FPS Counter, and I no longer want to keep this mod, but can't seem to delete it off my game.  How do I get rid of it, and do I have to uninstall and reinstall the game?  Really need some help here.

Message 1 of 3 (8,170 Views)

Mods are aftermarket modifications to the game.  It will depend greatly on how you installed it, what the mod does, and how the mod works.  The best starting place is to go back to where you got the mod and see if there are any directions to how to uninstall it.  If it is an add on, then you may can simply find where it placed itself and delete it.  If it modded files then you may can verify game install through origin and it may correct the game, getting rid of the mod.  If it used a mod install program, you may can simply run the program and ask it to uninstall it.  But honestly, this forum is about help of vanilla(unmodded game) and we may can offer some advice, changing the game is on you and is up to you to fix when it breaks. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3 (8,118 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Moniegirl

Try to repair the game. (in Origin > Game Library > right click ME > Repair) (in steam  > right click at ME > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache.)

If that don't helps, please report back.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 3 (8,099 Views)