Re: Your game session has expired, please log out and then log in again

by EA_David

Original Post

Your game session has expired, please log out and then log in again

★★★ Newbie

When I try and install ME 1 on my pc, using windows 8, I get to the production code registration and after I enter in the code, and click on next. I get a message, "General error" An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please try again later. I click on next and I get this message, "Session timed out." Sorry, your session has expired. Please launch your game and return to the code redemption window and continue installation.

And if I go back and try to re install ME 1, I get the same messages all over again, any advice on how to solve this issue?

Message 1 of 5 (1,099 Views)

Community Manager

@Elderman23 Hmm, do you have an older pre-Origin version of the game?

Can you try redeeming the code and try to start the download through Origin?

https://help.ea.com/en/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,076 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Ea_David,

I have the Mass Effect, Trilogy copy of the games.  And over the this last weekend (4-2-3-16), the Origin log in screen, informed that there was a update. So I let the system download the update and install it. Now after the update was installed, I was able to register my copy of the trilogy copy, but the ME 1, dvd discs failed to install to my pc. And downloading from my game library, also resulted in ME 1, timing out at, "preparing to download."  

I will try and reinstall from the dvd discs and see if the install will complete itself, and if not I will make a note of the new error message, and try to download it from my game library again and see if I'm, successful that way. 

Message 3 of 5 (1,066 Views)

Community Manager

@Elderman23 Thanks, that's a bit clearer. It sounds like either something's blocking the install locally or there's an issue with your Origin install. I'd perform a quick reinstall of Origin as a first step, then check that your security software/Windows User Account Control isn't blocking the installs after that. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 5 (1,062 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried to redeeming the code, but i got the same message ,AN ERROR HAS OCCURED WHILE TRYING TO PROCESS YOUR REQUEST. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER ,I have mass effect trilogy

Message 5 of 5 (1,032 Views)