Unable to redeem product key on Origin.

by garisher

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to redeem product key on Origin.

★★★★★ Novice

Hello.

can't activate CD key. i made a Case at EA Help but still no contact with Advisor during 5 days.

Spoiler
Hold tight, we're putting your information together and contacting an EA Advisor.Please stick with us until we confirm your case number on the page behind this window.

number is #30382551

Message 1 of 8 (1,339 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to redeem product key on Origin.

Community Manager

In some cases swapping to a different browser or different device can help. Sometimes browser settings or local blockers might be preventing the connection from going through. 

I'm curious, where did you get the code? What error message do you get?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (1,569 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

In some cases swapping to a different browser or different device can help. Sometimes browser settings or local blockers might be preventing the connection from going through. 

I'm curious, where did you get the code? What error message do you get?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,570 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

i tried different browsers, countries. My 2 previous cases  were resolved by UK Support very quickly. But now... 

Code - from DVD-box case.

Error message - "Invalid code".

Message 3 of 8 (1,312 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the detail. Checking now the support services should be running without any issues. Are you trying to use Chat or phone support? If you've only tried one, can you try the other?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,301 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

tried only Chat. as i said - my 2 previous cases were resolved very quick and i used only Live Chat.

Message 5 of 8 (1,298 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

after tried 3 different browsers, i tried IE and Chat finally worked!  didn't expect because didn't use IE for years...

problem resolved. thank you very much to Aayushi for help and patient.

and you, David, for quick respond and notion about browsers.

Have a nice day Standard smile

Message 6 of 8 (1,293 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the update, it's good to hear that your issue got resolved. If you're still about, I'd be interested if you could PM me your browser version and your addons that you use on Firefox and Chrome. It's ok if you don't want to share this info, but it may be helpful for us going forward. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 8 (1,273 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Had similar issue, bought trilogy pack.. key added ME 1-3 into Origin.  Installed ME 1 & 2.. then it asked for a new key for ME3.. had to talk to support via chat (firefox) to get it resolved.

Seems EA can't even get trilogy keys to work correctly.  Small wonder the game is still buggy as hell.

Message 8 of 8 (1,050 Views)