Re: Some Origin games not launching

by alavaster7

Original Post

Some Origin games not launching

★★★ Newbie

Ever sense first purchasing them, both my copies of mass effect 1 and mass effect 2 will not launch. Repairing and re installing will not fix the issue. Origin live support never responds no matter how long I wait. (Yet keeps telling me the wait is 5 minutes.) I'm hoping someone here might have a fix. When I launch it nothing happens and I receive an error that reads "mass effect has stopped working", did it somehow miss a file when installing or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (368 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any help would be great.

Message 2 of 4 (336 Views)

Hero

The live support chat is buggy on some browsers. If you want to contact support, try a different browser.

I don't know why "mass effect has stopped working". Could you share your PC specs?

1.  Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
2.  You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
3.  Type dxdiag in the text field
4.  Click OK
5.  If your computer has a 64-bit version of Windows, click the button Run 64-bit DXDIAG (see screenshot below)
6.  If your computer has a 32-bit version of Windows, that button will not be available

7.  Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
8.  Save this text file to your Desktop if possible
9. Open the text file, select all the text inside (Ctrl + A) and copy it (Ctrl +C).
10. Go to http://hastebin.com/, paste the contents of your DXDiag inside (Ctrl+V) and click Save on the webpage (Ctrl+S).
11. Copy the link of the page in your post, along with a precise description of your issue.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 4 (323 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fred,

Thanks for the response.

After purchasing mass effect 1 and 2 they were both installed without issues. They will not launch from origin. As soon as I click play I get a very nondescript error message stating, "mass effect has stopped working". 

Here is my current system specs. 

http://hastebin.com/citorojave.tex 

Message 4 of 4 (306 Views)