Sign in is currently unavailable. Please try again

by PhD_Gamer59

Original Post

Sign in is currently unavailable. Please try again

★★★ Newbie

I recently purchased the Mass Effect Trilogy. While installing Mass Effect 1, the install program would not allow me to create an Origin login. I went to the Origin website and did it there and then tried to login during the install. Now, online, I keep getting the message "Sign in is currently unavailable. Please try again". During the install i get the message "DISCONNECTED: CRITICAL UPDATE REQUIRED" with the choice of Restart or Continue in Offline Mode. Then over the top of that box I get the message "ONLINE INSTALLATION REQUIRED" with the choices Relaunch Origin or Cancel Installation. If I relaunch Origin it repeats the "DISCONNECTED: CRITICAL UPDATE REQUIRED" message. I can see that I'm logged in, same as on the website, but the system won't update the software, So basically I'm dead in the water.

Suggestions?

Message 1 of 4 (5,473 Views)

Re: Sign in is currently unavailable. Please try again

@PhD_Gamer59

Sounds like a connection isuue

Restart your router.

This are the ports your router must forward.

• Origin Ports
• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
• UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

If that not helps, shut down your Windows firewall and disable the real-time scanner of your antivirus software. (just for testing purpose, don't forget to activate the firewall and the antivirus software later on.)

Should it work after you disabled the firewall, here is a description how to allow a program to communicate through the firewall

If that not helps here is a EA connection troubleshooting guide and here a guide about interfering apps.

If all that fails, please report back.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 4 (5,461 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Actually it turned out to be the old copy of the Origin software that came on the Mass Effect disk. The message "Critical Update Required" was the clue. It lead me to the Origin website where I downloaded the most resent copy, installed it on my machine, and problem solved!

I'm guessing that EA changed something that was preventing the old software from communicating with the servers. Not sure what the messages is on the website. After all I am signed on or I wouldn't be able to post messages here.

Anyway I'm happy now and playing my games.

Thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 4 (5,448 Views)

@PhD_Gamer59

No problem, glad that you got it fixed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 4 (5,441 Views)