Re: Scanning The Keepers

by Mistermovieman

Original Post

Scanning The Keepers

★★★★★ Apprentice

I talked to Jahleed before I finished the assignment Citadel: Scan the Keepers. I abandoned the keeper scanning quest when I talked to Chorban in Jahleed's Fears for paragon points. Then, I talked to Jahleed, and clicked the "Then do it Legally option." He then offered me to scan the keepers again, and I said yes, but it still shows that the assignment is completed. Is the dialogue just messed up, or can you actually scan the Keepes again?

Message 1 of 11 (8,094 Views)

@Mistermovieman

Try to scan one Keeper, then you should see if the countdown of the remaining Keeperss to scan continues.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 11 (8,078 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I did try to scan the a keeper in the Presidium that I knew for sure I did not scan before. It didn't scan because the quest was completed since I talked to Chorban for "Jahleed's Fears." However, when I returned to Jahleed, and did the charm option, he offered me to scan the keepers again, and I said yes. However, the quest "Scan the Keepers" still says "You decided it's best if no one scanned the keepers anymore." If you can't continue to scan the keepers, then they should probably patch the dialogue with Jahleed.

Message 3 of 11 (8,073 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Mistermovieman

I took a look at the known bug list and there is no such problem indicated.

It is of course possible that such a problem accrues nevertheless, but then the only way on an Xbox would be to go back to a older save game before Chorban.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 4 of 11 (8,068 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@holger1405 wrote:

@Mistermovieman

I took a look at the known bug list and there is no such problem indicated.

It is of course possible that such a problem accrues nevertheless, but then the only way on an Xbox would be to go back to a older save game before Chorban.

The only way to do what? I'm just saying that the dialogue with Jahleed asks you to scan the keeeprs again even though you can't anymore, since you convinced Chorban to stop scanning. I don't know if this is a bug, or the developers just forgot to polish the dialogue, since you can in fact, do Jahleed's fears, without ever picking up "Scan the Keeprs" from Chorban, and if you do, you can pick up Scan the Keepers from Jahleed, presumably with the same dialogue I got. It probably wasn't noticed because it's a minor goof' but I think it's worth changing for immersion's sake.

Message 5 of 11 (8,064 Views)

@Mistermovieman

The game is 10 years old, you will most probably not see any patches for it anymore.

Message 6 of 11 (8,063 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@holger1405 wrote:

@Mistermovieman

The game is 10 years old, you will most probably not see any patches for it anymore.

But isn't there a post about an update, just made today, two posts below this one? And how would Ea fix any glitches at all without a patch?

Message 7 of 11 (8,057 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Mistermovieman

Such updates are usually to consolidate different versions, but no longer actual game patches.

Bioware  is busy with different things in this days. Wink

Message 8 of 11 (8,051 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Aw too bad. If only they could fix this annoying inconsistency. Oh well.

Message 9 of 11 (8,051 Views)

★★★ Novice

This bug is in The Mass Effecf Legendary Edition aswell. I hate this game.

Message 10 of 11 (6,791 Views)