Requesting a Steam Key for Mass Effect on Steam

by Txustra

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Requesting a Steam Key for Mass Effect on Steam

★★★ Newbie

Hi. 

I have recently bought Mass Effect Trilogy for Origin but since Steam Overlay does not work when I add a non-steam game through steam launcher, I ask you if it is possible to get a steam key for Mass Effect 1 and 2 since they are also on Steam and I have seen other people who have received a steam key showing a proof of purchase or something like that.

I just do not get why if you buy the game on Steam you can redeem the key on origin aswell but not with the inverse process.

Thanks for all.

Message 1 of 7 (5,508 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Requesting a Steam Key for Mass Effect on Steam

EA Staff

@Txustra I am sorry, while it is true Steam keys work on Origin (provided they are for EA games) we are unable to provide keys for Steam Frown

Let us know if you have any other questions!

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (5,633 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@Txustra I am sorry, while it is true Steam keys work on Origin (provided they are for EA games) we are unable to provide keys for Steam Frown

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Message 2 of 7 (5,634 Views)

Hero

@Txustra wrote:

I just do not get why if you buy the game on Steam you can redeem the key on origin aswell but not with the inverse process.

If you buy a game on Origin, EA gets all the money and will provide all the bandwidth.

If you buy a game on Steam, the money is shared between Valve and EA who are both willing to provide the bandwidth.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 7 (5,485 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so i have mass sffect 1 and 2 on steam and i would like to add them to origin, but it will not show me a key on steam how do i go about getting this so i can add them to my origin account?

Message 4 of 7 (5,298 Views)

[ Edited ]

@galfordheat

In the Steam library > right click ME1 > View CD Key.

It's the same for ME2.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 7 (5,292 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@holger1405 on steam when i right click it there is no thing that says cd key i cant find the cd key so cant play its nice to pay for soemthing you dont get
Message 6 of 7 (1,644 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @richard1878h,

This thread is quite a few years old so certain details may have changed since it was originally posted.

If you made a purchase on Steam and did not receive the game, you'll want to reach out to Steam support so they can look into this further.

Certain EA titles in Steam may require an Origin installation to run, though you'll still be launching the game through Steam.

Those can be identified by this notice in the product information on Steam.

steamorigin3rd.png

In those cases you shouldn't need a CD key, but you will need to be sure you've linked your Steam and EA Accounts with these steps before continuing.

This thread is being locked to avoid necroposting, but if you're still running into trouble after the above steps feel free to start a new thread with a description of your situation, thanks!

Mako.png
Message 7 of 7 (1,627 Views)