Re: Please fix

by Weltnoir

Original Post

Please fix

★★★ Newbie

aaaaahhhh. okay god damn this problem gets **bleep** old by the time you own this many games and yet somehow it always seems unfixable. Refund or immediate fix please. I bought Mass effect 1 so I could play through the trilogy and of course it would crash on opening because that's just how **bleep** digital games roll these days. I have run it in xp service pack 2 and 3, as admin, verified game files, patched it, and I tried it by just running the game without the origin application. after installing the patch i get a new error of asking for the game code. I don't have one. come on, there's heaps of posts exactly like this, I've followed a bunch and they haven't work. fix or refund. Please. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (306 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the Same Problem... Please Bioware fix that problem. I believe its not a big thing for u to make this game run on Win7 without these Serial-Key bug (Its a very baddy, baddy super disgusting buggy bug) and i waste sure about 4 hours of my life to trying fix this.... PLEASE HELP!!!

(Sorry for the not so good English,  cause my motherlanguage is Schwiizerdüütsch und das verstaht bestimmt ken einzige wo sich durch das durelist.)

MFG a little pissed off Fan

Message 2 of 4 (295 Views)

Hero

This forum is community driven. If you want an official fix, you will have to talk to EA. http://help.ea.com/contact-us

If you have trouble launching Mass Effect, read the sticky thread that deals with this issue. If that's no use, then post your system specs.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 4 (284 Views)

★ Novice

Not sure if this will fix the issue...and it has been 2 weeks...so here is to hoping.

You probably just need to initially launch the game with Origin.  This will get past the registration which is now Origin based.

Close/Exit out of ME1 if it already hasn't closed.

Now try the shortcut or direct executable (MassEffect.exe) with the permissions and compatability settings.

As long as Origin remains resident after the inital attempt to launch ME1, I believe you should be able to run the game exe directly without the registration prompt.

I hope you don't have any more issues...I have had hell of time trying to play on my current setup (Win7 64) because the game randomly seems to crash.

I have switched to playing on an older Vista Laptop.

Believe me, if you like the series, it is worth it to play through all three MEs.  The story, codex entries, etc. really provide a nice backdrop for the game.  Skipping ME1, which may be the only way to move forward, will cause you to miss out on some

Message 4 of 4 (265 Views)