Re: Pinnacle Station

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pinnacle Station

★★ Novice

I bought Mass Effect, but would like to buy Pinnacle Station DLC. I am currently not interested in the Trilogy as I already have ME2 as well.
Is there any chance I can acquire or buy Pinnacle Station DLC?

Message 1 of 6 (2,205 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Pinnacle Station was pulled offline and is now only available in the Trilogy Edition.

I suspect Pinnacle Station is no longer available for purchase because of its low quality. The DLC was not made by BioWare and is by far the worst piece of content in the Mass Effect series.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,459 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Pinnacle Station was pulled offline and is now only available in the Trilogy Edition.

I suspect Pinnacle Station is no longer available for purchase because of its low quality. The DLC was not made by BioWare and is by far the worst piece of content in the Mass Effect series.

Message 2 of 6 (2,460 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you.

But may I ask another. Are all DLC across the series included in the Trilogy? And are there any other benefits to buying that vs each game bit by bit (other then cost)?

Message 3 of 6 (2,191 Views)

Hero

The Trilogy edition comes with the same DLC that was in the regular editions, with the exception of Pinnacle Station being added on PC. Tht means you still have to buy most of the DLC seperately.

The included DLC is different on each platform and depends on the DLC that was already included in each version. The PS3 version of ME2, for instance, came out later and included most of the story DLC. This is unchanged in the Trilogy Edition.

More info on the Mass Effect wiki: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_Trilogy

Message 4 of 6 (2,184 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there!   I loved ME1 and 2 and all of their DLCs.  Upon getting a new super uber duper computer, I wanted to add ME1 and 2 with all of the DLCs for both games.  Pinnacle Station is available for download through Origin.  Log into your origin portal, look under your My Games tab, and there you will find it.  This can be confusing, because to get your BDTS (Bring Down the Sky) DLC you have to go through EA.  If you search for it you will find a section where a community manager links the BDTS downloader that does not use a code (perfectly legit).  If you try to use the old one it asks you for a code that is pretty near impossible to locate anymore.

If you have any issues getting either of the ME1 DLCs I would recommend that you use the EA Online help / chat option.  They are very fast and accurate.  

I hope this helps.  Its 8/8/2015 and I got both DLCs for ME1 today

Message 5 of 6 (1,972 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I originally purchased ME!1 & ME2 through Steam, and the ME2 DLC on BioWare's site, but today in an attempt to get the ME1 DLC< I typed in my CD codes for both games.  Both games now show in My Games, and all the ME2 DLC I bought from BioWare show as downloadable on Origin, but ME1 shows no DLC at all.  I found info on the BDTS installer in other messages here, but nothing for a Pinnacle Station installer.  I found a redemption code for it in another message, and it shows it's for Pinnacle, but says the code has been used and won't add it to my account.

I did not re-download ME1 on Origin, since I already have it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common.  (I did notice that Origin knows I have ME2 installed, but didn't detect ME1 - ME2 says Play; ME1 says Download.)

TL;DR: I still can't find how to download Pinnacle Station DLC.

PS: I saw the original solution is that it doesn't exist; this is a reapone to the previous post, where someone said they could still download it.

*SOLUTIONS/WORKAROUNDS*: I took JumperRay's advice in http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-1/Is-there-any-hope-that-Mass-Effect-Pinnacle-Station-can-be-ma... and contacted support; an EA advisor at http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=mass-effect was able to add the DLC to my account; it appears in My Games as a completely separate game.  I still don't know the proper procedure to purchase or download it (or if one even exists), but support may be able to add it to your account; it's done as a courtesy, so be very polite and nice when asking about how you can access/purchase/download.obtain the DLC.  (If they can't find the game, I found an expired/previously-used code at

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/free-mass-effect-pinnacle-station-download-pc-only.184647089/ - tell them a sample (not your actual) code is the one that's displayed on that page (I don't know if posing the code in this message will get the message deleted) - the code is invalid, but at least they'll know what product you're talking about.

And if you're also looking for Bring Down the Sky; that's freely available at http://help.ea.com/en/article/mass-effect-bring-down-the-sky-dlc-redemption/ (you can send this link when trying to obtain Pinnacle Station from EA support, as since this one is free now, I'm guessing Pinnacle Station is/was/used to be as well.

Message 6 of 6 (1,870 Views)