Pinnacle Station DLC is not working

by Fafhred2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pinnacle Station DLC is not working

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I bought the Mass Effect Trilogy form Origin on Xmas, and I am currently going through Mass Effect 1.

It came with 2 DLCs installed automatically by Origin with the main game.

One of the DLCs worked fine, but the other (Pinnacle Station) causes a systematic game crash whenever I try to land on that station.

I have been trying to reach EA support, but the so-called support page at https://help.ea.com/uk/ is utterly useless and only offers the actual option to arrive here...

That support page mentions an option of contacting EA support by email... but there is no email address provided anywhere that can be found from any page after spending 20 minutes going through links to try to find it.

Bottom line, this DLC was installed bundled with the game, I have no means to try to download/install it separately if it is corrupt.

I would like some answer from EA technical support if they actually read this...  or a WORKING means to contact them other than this non-functional support page at https://help.ea.com/uk/

Message 1 of 2 (1,328 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pinnacle Station DLC is not working

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Problem sorted by myself:

Since I could not contact any support, I was going to make a full game uninstall/reinstall through Origin.

At that point I discovered that there was a 'repair game' option in the Origin drop-down menu for the game itself, where the uninstall option is found.

I tried that, it found something to fix which finished with another 'installing' which lasted about 10 minutes.

I just tried going to Pinnacle Station again (I was busy in a main mission until then), and this time it worked.

Conclusion: Origin initial installations are not actualled verified (or this could not have happened), therefore from now on I will systematically use the 'repair game' option right after installing any Origin game, and I would advise anyone else to do the same.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,496 Views)

All Replies

Re: Pinnacle Station DLC is not working

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Problem sorted by myself:

Since I could not contact any support, I was going to make a full game uninstall/reinstall through Origin.

At that point I discovered that there was a 'repair game' option in the Origin drop-down menu for the game itself, where the uninstall option is found.

I tried that, it found something to fix which finished with another 'installing' which lasted about 10 minutes.

I just tried going to Pinnacle Station again (I was busy in a main mission until then), and this time it worked.

Conclusion: Origin initial installations are not actualled verified (or this could not have happened), therefore from now on I will systematically use the 'repair game' option right after installing any Origin game, and I would advise anyone else to do the same.

Message 2 of 2 (1,497 Views)