[PC] ME1 Recent Saves Deleted Themselves.

by amasirda

Original Post

[PC] ME1 Recent Saves Deleted Themselves.

★★★ Newbie

I got the Mass Effect trilogy bundle on Origin yesterday, and started ME1 this morning. I had a problem at the very beginning with the game crashing (I wasn't surprised, I expected issues seeing as it was released before Windows 10, which I use) but it was as easy to fix as just restarting it. Four hours in, I saved and quit, and when I started up the game again, all of my saves after the first quicksave I made were gone. Which was... jarring to say the least, because I vividly remember saving at least once, right before I quit. Before I started it up, Origin asked whether to keep local files or cloud files, and I chose cloud files because the timestamp was more recent, but now I'm not too sure if I read correctly. Is there any way to retrieve these missing files? Thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (2,133 Views)

Re: [PC] ME1 Recent Saves Deleted Themselves.

@amasirda

You can try this:

In the game library > right click Mass Effect > Game Properties > Cloud Saves > Restore last local saved game. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 5 (2,115 Views)

★ Novice

How can I do that? it does not give me the possibility to right click
Message 3 of 5 (1,062 Views)

@cosa9 

Do you use EA Desktop?
The guide above was written long before that Software was a thing, it is for Origin.

What is the exact problem you have?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 5 (1,050 Views)

★ Novice
Apparently, indeed that solution is not valid now. Fortunately I used the Onedrive Cloud, and i was able to restore the deleted savegame.
The problem is that I did absolutely nothing to erase it.
Message 5 of 5 (1,039 Views)