[PC] Constant Crashing

by BadBlanket

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] Constant Crashing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I've been playing Mass Effect 1 for the last week on Origin (I got it with the Trilogy bundle). I play the game on Ultra Settings because the game looks like butt otherwise. The game played fine, my framerate was fine, nothing went wrong.

Suddenly today, the game has started crashing. The game loads up fine, I'm able to get into the game fine but every 2 minutes or so the game randomly crashes to my desktop. There is no specific error message other than Windows 10 useless stating that the game has crashed unexpectedly. It doesn't matter where I am in the game, what I have open, or what happens on screen. After about 2 minutes it crashes. Navigation, in-game, on the Normandy, even in the Menu Screen. There is no specific circumstance, it just crashes at roughly the same amount of time since launching.

I've tried running Origin as Administrator, I've checked my drivers, tried playing offline, tried the repair tool, updating, and even reinstalled it entirely. It just wont work now and there were no outward changes to my computer since yesterday and today.

Some specs:

Windows 10 64-bit Operating System

AMD Radeon HD 7700 Graphics Card

AMD Athlon X4 750k Quad Core Processor 3.4 Ghz

8gb RAM

It can't be my specs otherwise I'd have had trouble running the game when I started playing a week ago. I doubt it's my save file being corrupt as the game crashes even in the menu screen. I just can't figure it out.

Message 1 of 4 (610 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PC] Constant Crashing

★★ Novice

This issue has been fixed by uninstalling Play.tv

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (661 Views)

All Replies

@BadBlanket

Please create a DxDiag, also go to your Reliability monitor (Press the windows key and "R" at the same time and copy or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in > ENTER) and look if it has ME1 entries.

If yes double click at the last one, copy it to the clipboard, (Bottom left corner) save it to a text file and load it up like the DxDiag.

You can do that  with the "choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 4 (580 Views)

★★ Novice

This issue has been fixed by uninstalling Play.tv

Message 3 of 4 (662 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for posting the solution, conflicting 3rd party programs are a common source of issues. 

I'll mark your post as the solution, thanks again. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (561 Views)