Original Mass Effect crashes my computer

by Elendil777

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Original Mass Effect crashes my computer

★★ Apprentice

Whenever I spend too much time in the first Mass Effect's Character Creation, the game crashes and shuts off my computer as well. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4 (540 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Original Mass Effect crashes my computer

Hero

@Elendil777 Moved this over to the ME1 board for you (I know the order is all mixed up since the latest board upgrades... hopefully that'll get fixed at some point). 

Please do as Holger suggest and provide a dxdiag.

Also, is it possible your computer is overheating? Might want to check for dust and perhaps monitor your temperatures with something like HWMonitor (the free version) to see if this could be what's causing your computer to power off. Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (609 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@Elendil777

Are we speaking about ME1 or ME3, because this is the ME3 Thread?

Any Error messages?

Please create a DxDiag, then load the file up. You can do that  with the "Choos File"  button at the bottom right corner of the reply window.

Also go to your Reliability monitor (Press the windows key and "R" at the same time and copy or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in > ENTER) and look if it has ME1 entries.

If yes double click at the last one, copy it to the clipboard, (Bottom left corner) save it to a text file and load it up like the DxDiag.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 4 (535 Views)

Hero

@Elendil777 Moved this over to the ME1 board for you (I know the order is all mixed up since the latest board upgrades... hopefully that'll get fixed at some point). 

Please do as Holger suggest and provide a dxdiag.

Also, is it possible your computer is overheating? Might want to check for dust and perhaps monitor your temperatures with something like HWMonitor (the free version) to see if this could be what's causing your computer to power off. Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 4 (610 Views)

Hero

I agree with Niah that heat is a likely culprit. Showing us your temperatures would be useful, but you could also check if the PC s properly ventilated. Make sure all fans are free of dust.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 4 (510 Views)