Re: Origin Strikes Again

by Kenny32673

Original Post

Origin Strikes Again

★★ Novice

I've had continual problems with Origin to the point where I want my games only and screw that app. I've had to download, repair, re download Origin, re download every single game over and over again for the past three years and across two different computers.

My current problem is that Mass Effect decided to re download itself when it is already installed on my computer. Origin looked like it was "updating" the game and I thought it was odd because I assumed it was not being updated anymore as a relic. I thought nothing of it because I was in a rush and didn't realize exactly what happened until I got back home to my computer.

I know it's not a huge issue (though I have yet to try to play ME yet to be sure), but this is annoying. Anyone else having this issue?

Does anyone know if I HAVE to have Origin for my games? I'd really just like to dump Origin and it's problems that keep bugging out my games and system. This app is total JUNK. I am done with this app and just want my games. Great concept, but the app is trash because it constantly causes issues no matter what computer I am trying to use.

Message 1 of 2 (580 Views)

Re: Origin Strikes Again

★★★ Guide

For pretty much any EA game since 2012 you do require Origin yes.

Older games not bought on Origin won't need Origin, however Origin does detect they are installed and can sometimes take it upon itself to "update" them anyway.

You can disable auto game updates in the settings (it will still tell you if a game has an update but you have to initiate the download yourself), the problem is currently in the latest beta this is broken and auto game updates keeps re-enabling itself at every start.

Message 2 of 2 (515 Views)